Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress on Rocky's 34 coupe..last update 9/30/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Looking good Rock! HAMB Drags 2018 or bust bubba!

loudbang likes this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Garage probably feels huge now, wellmaybe bigger lol

loudbang likes this.
  3. Yup again...and thanks, Burn Out Bob for the tip. I bought new wheel-hole repair washers for my damaged IHC wheels from Macs

loudbang and Tim like this.
  4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Thanks for the photos. Now you best get to work on the Chassis.

loudbang likes this.
  5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Soooo you going to change wheels or just have 2 sets?? Love the wires.any plans for them?????

loudbang likes this.
  6. I'm planning to keep the wires and radials. I just want a set of more traditional rubber for when I get in the steel wheel/bias ply mood. The early IHC wheels are made conventionally and the later [I think it's 52 and newer] wheels are exactly the same but the stock hoops are turned around backwards to give the wheel more positive offset. Run 7.50X16s in the back and short, skinny 16s in the front. The IHC wheels have the correct bumps in the centers to take 40-48 ford caps and I also have a new set of deep dish 16" moons if I feel like running them.

7. scoop

scoop

Remember our deal Rocky?

loudbang likes this.
  8. Deal? Lessee, we were going to drive to the HAMB drags in our cars?

loudbang likes this.
  9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

And The IHC have a 4 1/2 bs?

10. bucketmouth

bucketmouth
    from Australia

Dam heavy things to lift I had like 10 guys help, it was hard trying to get somewhere to hang onto.
    Like your build too.

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  11. Here's the trick.....Scream down to your local home repair supply store and buy some 10", 2X4s. Makes moving the body a lot safer and easier..These were only 4 bucks apiece. 34move3.jpg

30tudor and loudbang like this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

^ that’s exactly how we moved my
    Sedan body and why I keep finding a place to stash those long boards lol

loudbang likes this.
  13. scoop

scoop

Yup

loudbang likes this.
  14. OK Scott...it's gonna happen this year.
    Been working out clutch linkage all evening and I've got so much stuff in the way [rear motor mount, frame X member "sleeve" and massive height differences] I think I'll look into a hydraulic throw out bearing....I'll do a search to find how others like them and which ones work better than others.

razoo lew and loudbang like this.
  15. where there is a will, there is a way........ DSCF4144.JPG DSCF4148.JPG

Max Gearhead and loudbang like this.
  16. scoop

scoop

I hope it aint hot like this year.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Welp, last night I was doing some grinding while fabrication clutch linkage and even tho I was wearing wrap around safety glasses, I managed to get a hunk of steel in my eye. Tried washing it out but no luck. No sleep last night and had to work today. Went to the doc and got the offending chunk of steel outta my eye this afternoon. No permanent damage but it's still irritated. No work on the hot rod today but I'll definitely sleep great tonight! workbench.jpg

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yowch!

loudbang likes this.
  19. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I feel for you Rocky, I've been there and done that, it is no fun! Mine was a particle of cast iron when running a boring bar that started rusting real quick, the Dr had to surgically remove it, luckily no permanent damage!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    loudbang and Stogy like this.
  20. Roadsir

Roadsir

Be safe Rocky! I scratched an eye years ago with gravel of all things....Very painful indeed.

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

This is not good. Hope a good night sleep improved things so you can work on it tomorrow.

loudbang likes this.
  22. Eye is all better...back to work on the 34. Headed out to NAPA to check on a clutch pressure plate. Still engineering some mechanical clutch linkage before I yank the engine/trans/axles to finish welding the frame.

Tim_with_a_T, tb33anda3rd and Tim like this.
  23. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Do you need to watch some more Safety Films?

loudbang likes this.
  24. Had to buy a complete clutch kit [$100] to get the ford pressure plate I thought I needed to run my Schiefer aluminum flywheel.....was too tall. Taking it back tomorrow and I'll just run my original 389 flywheel with an original type, diaphram replacement clutch. Damn! I really wanted to run the aluminum flywheel but can't find a clutch to work with it.
    And Joe, I got the hunk-a-shit in my eye after taking off my safety glasses. I think it was in my eyebrow or maybe in my stocking cap and fell in my eye. All better now.

loudbang likes this.
  25. alchemy

alchemy

I've had dozens (really) of pieces of steel embedded in my eyeballs over the years. I used to try all kinds of face shields and goggles, but the doc said once that it's just as likely the particle fell off my hair as I pulled off my shirt at the end of the day. I don't have to worry about that problem anymore. No hair left.

loudbang, Petejoe and Tim like this.
  26. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Alchemy, at what age did your eyebrow hair fall off?? :)

27. alchemy

alchemy

Well, my eyebrows are still growing strong. Guess I should still be careful.

After the doc told me his hypothesis, I made it a habit to use compressed air to blow off my head and shirt before I took the goggles and ear protection off. It did cut down drastically on the visits to the clinic.

loudbang and Petejoe like this.
  28. atch

atch

Rocky,

Sorry I missed your lift off party. Next spring let me know when you're going to put the body back on and I'll see if I can't fit in a road trip. Would love to be there when the body and frame get remarried.

brEad, loudbang and Tim like this.
  29. Will do, Mike

loudbang likes this.