Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Gas Welding - new set up, recommendations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indyjps, Dec 9, 2017.

1. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

That should say it was made in march 1980. Reliable torches, but then again, as long as you don't drop them or overtighten something extremely, there basically aren't any parts that should get worn or damaged.

Thanks for offering, but I have already seen how the heat shield is made, so I should be able to copy that good enough from memory, or create something a bit diffrent to better suit whatever job I need it for.

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I had a Dillon and couldn't get over the awkward feeling and the heat.
    Meco Aviator Jet is a nice size for sheet metal.

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I have an old Dillon. Saves a lot on gas money.

4. I had the same feeling at first, and as a result it sat on the shelf for a few years. Finally, I just decided that, I bought the Dillon for what I thought was a good reason, so I had better give it an honest try. That was when I got used to it.
    It is big and heavy, like my old, large Victor, but it does a great job of cutting sheet metal, almost as good as a plasma cutter, and it is excellent for welding sheet metal.
    Have a look at the video I posted, and you may give it a second try.
    I still use my aircraft torches, when the mood strikes me, because they are so much lighter and are also excellent for welding.
    Bob
    Bob

5. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

My first welder was a Cebora. Pretty good for a 110. Anybody else still have one?