Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Truck into a coupe- My next pet project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Hanging it there is the first phase.
    You can't skip that phase or any phase.
    If I could skip phases I'd be driving it lol

VANDENPLAS, brEad and loudbang like this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Had to drag household electrical stuff into it didn't you. Bob

3. AndersF

AndersF

[​IMG]
    I think this look really cool.
    If it where my build i would mount the lenses tunneled in the outer holes and have
    exhaust through the inner holes.
    And offcourse have it chromed to add some bling to the back.

4. trollst

trollst

Nice to see some progress again, keep at it.

31Vicky with a hemi and loudbang like this.
  5. I'm with @AndersF . Lights and exhaust!

6. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Wow I just found this thread and must say I'm impressed !! your eye to both flow and detail is awesome!!

It shows you have 2 great talents, metal work and patience ;) I have one question and if I've missed it somewhere in previous posts I apologize, on the rear windows are you going to finish it out flat or put a reveal around it to match the side and door glass ?

again awesome work and I cant wait to see it finished! I would like to see it photoshopped in a candy copper though ;)

7. Thank you!
    There's a reveal around the rear that matches the sides.
    I turned the reveal on the rear roof panel, then fit the window section into it.
    It was extremely difficult, mind boggling experiment and by far the most challenging part/parts I've ever done. I had some very good help on this from a friend who's way better than me. 4 hands, some times 6, two minds and lots of time. There's still a bunch of work to be done there around the rear window and It will need more filler than I'd like to get it right.

It's an awkward place and position to work, to scribe, to fit, to clamp, to see. Metal working and shaping the split frame was hard. A little shaping on one area would throw another off sometimes really far away from the area of adjustment. Back and forth adjusting fitting and take it back out to repeat the process because something else was now off that previously was ok. Eventually we took the "opposition" approach. Let's say the top middle needed adjusting, so we would work the left and right corners until the middle moved and the corners were good, many many many hours of that. That seemed to provide the most progress even though it was contrary to both of our's logic and reasoning.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

8. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Ah I see it now! Looks beautiful. I like the way you have taken the time to add that reveal. Most would have just flushed it out but it's details like this that make you stand back and admire the attention to details.

I've never been that deep into metal forming but played with lots of panels so I can understand the amount of time and effort your putting into this.

Just awesome!!

9. Somebody needs to get this going again !
    I started this thread 4 years ago - damn it !!!!!!!!!!!!

10. well, seeing that your the closest, why don't you?

VANDENPLAS, Stogy, The37Kid and 4 others like this.
  11. Hell it's only a bit over half a dog year brother. So really it's only six months old. You're good.

12. It was a pet project- you know spare time stuff.
    Now I'm covered up, doubled the shop size, have deadlines and commitments. Starting early and working late. It's all very good but no no time for my stuff.

I'll tell you these damn doors is what got me side lined and in a screeching halt. First off PO asshole was there first and made a few too many ass aches with crooked chops. I need to get the inners figured out then put the skins on. But I fucked up and put them damn bear claw latches in and that fouled the window tracks, window mechanisms, and door handles. The doors were modified for the latches and the jambs too.

Stogy, loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. glrbird

glrbird

I'm hoping that you will find time and energy in the future to finish this project. I always thought it had a really great look with the combination of body parts. I just have one question, is the dash still red? LOL

14. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

15. I know, right?!

brEad and loudbang like this.
  16. Benny's Ford

Benny's Ford

17. trollst

trollst

Bout fucking time, wish I lived closer........you should be proud, now get it on the road, you don't need windows for that.

brEad and loudbang like this.
  18. my buddy stopped by to check on his 54 Chevy truck I'm working on. He brought a friend of his with. THis friend drooled A L L over my car. Couldn't believe the journey and fabrication.

It was fun and a reminder of how much work is in this car.

19. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

keep yourself motivated and it will be done in no time

31Vicky with a hemi and loudbang like this.
  20. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

It's nice to have visitors like that. Most people, even the car guys, have no clue. You have a lot to be proud of. Most of the time in this thread I couldn't figure out what you were upset about until you fixed it, then it was an obvious and necessary improvement. Thank you for documenting your journey!

21. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I think he's keeping it around as an excuse to drink Tequila.

brEad, Jiminy, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  22. Excuses are great, I can think of one for everything.

VANDENPLAS and loudbang like this.
  23. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

I was going to post a witty put-down to that but I had to......

24. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

I'll be honest... I got 7 or 8 pages in and had to jump to the end. The pain was just too great, every time I thought it was headed in the right direction you uncovered another layer of dog crap.
    I have no doubt you'll make this what it should be, but just damn......

loudbang and 31Vicky with a hemi like this.
  25. Come on man , I want to skip over all that and jump right to the end too.
    You missed a lot if you skipped from page 8 to here.

VANDENPLAS and loudbang like this.
  26. Some sticking points for me
    If you have an idea, a lead or a source please let me know.

I've been looking for a set of good doors, 36,37 or 35 ford pickup truck. These doors have too many issues now between the issues I inherited and the issues Ive created.

I need a source for long sweep or large bend radius pipes for my headers.
    This is a mock up out of EMT conduit.
    image.jpeg

27. DIYGUY

DIYGUY
    from West, TX

28. Thanks !! Diyguy

loudbang likes this.
  29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

loudbang likes this.
  30. loudbang likes this.