Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Question about sectioning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by singledownloop, Dec 9, 2017.

1. singledownloop

singledownloop

When sectioning a fat fender car if the section is taken out of the hood does the rest of the front clip remain unmodified ,thanks.

2. That makes sense if you are sectioning it at the beltline, the firewall has to be sectioned to line the hood back up with the tops of the fenders. Maybe just do a pie slice section of the hood so it remains full height at the firewall and thinner at the front.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. That all depends,
    Pick your look pick your line make your plan.

I have a 47 Chevy truck on deck for surgery. Going to take a few inches out of the hood. Then raise the fenders to close the gap. Take a few out of the doors to line up the bottoms. ( that includes the firewall and back as well) then the bed sides will come up. After all that a little chop to knock off the high forehead.

The above is the final plan, at first it was to just take a pie cut out of the hood and drop the nose.

4. singledownloop

singledownloop

This pic is the method i'm considering.I do know i'm going to section it 2" and no more.I'm not clear on why they add sections to the fender.Can some one explain that to me,thanks. vintage magazine.jpeg