Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I Got my Shackle kit from Mac's I ordered in Oct 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod_willie, Dec 4, 2017.

1. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I order a spring shackle kit in Oct 2016. I got the part today Dec 2017. The car was sold in spring of 2017. Call Mac's up told them I no longer needed the shackle kit. I would like to return it. Mac's told me I would have to pay 25% restocking fee plus pay to have the part ship back to them. Wow!!! I guess I eat that one.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. See, all you needed was a little patience. Now, don't you feel silly doubting them?;)

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are trying to do that to me, charge me a restocking fee, for the incorrect part they sent me, twice.

4. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Mac's went to hell when Ecklers bought them, not to mention their shipping pricing went off the charts.

5. I would have to be hard pressed to order from them again. I search everywhere else first and would pay more from someone else to avoid them.

6. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

I quit Macs along time ago.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  7. LAROKE

LAROKE

Ten years or so ago, I ordered a "tar top" lead acid battery online for my '55 Chevy pickup truck. It came dry and I had to get electrolyte at a FLAPS to charge it. It kept sweating the electrolyte out and never did hold a proper charge. Sending it back involved draining it and shipping it dry again. I could only get a replacement, not my money back (I knew this when I bought it). I decided the hell with it.

12v G22 Delco 9"x6.75"x9" battery - $157.00

6 qts Battery Electrolyte - $25.25

School of Hard Knocks education - Priceless!

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Sad to see what was originally a small, American company be successful and then after being bought out , turn to crap. I'm sure the founders of Mac's are not happy.

craig b blue and thunderbirdesq like this.
  9. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Like Ive said before, I live less than 30 minutes away from them and wouldnt buy a 1157 bulb from that place. It wouldnt fit and if it did it wouldnt light up.

Atwater Mike, 550Coupe, pat59 and 5 others like this.
  10. ................................Probably still counting their money:mad:

11. I don't care what part they have I need - NEVER AGAIN! HRP

12. Used to be a parts store on Independence Avenue in K.C. back in the '50s and '60s called Pace Automotive. Joe was a great old guy who was the only reliable place in town that stocked Model A parts. Years later his son, Tony, was still doing auto stuff down the street from his late father's place. Built replicas of the Back to the Future Delorean, the Ghostbusters ambulance and the Dumb and Dumber van, among other things. I interviewed him for the Business Journal one time and made a point to tell him how much I appreciated his dad's store, and his patience with a teenager trying to get his first car, a '29 A coupe, roadworthy.
    One of the things I've learned in life is its a waste of time to cuss the bad actors and scumbags. Energy is better spent telling those you appreciate "thank you," loudly and often.

13. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

But then it just goes on and on.I think its worth everyones time to do both. If I screwed up,then tell me. If I screw up at work,25,000 people are at risk for bad water!

14. Just remembered,I had ordered some flat head radiator hoses,I got them months after I sold the car,I ask about returning them and got the same song & dance as you guys.

So you could say I got Hosed! :rolleyes: HRP

bobwop, chryslerfan55, Jet96 and 5 others like this.
  15. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Mac's SUCK BIG TIME....................

16. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

OOHHHH SHIT!!! I just ordered stock 40 shackels from them Saturday hope it doesnt take three months to get them!

17. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Must be hit or miss because I've made 3 orders recently with them. All got here fast and were the correct parts.

flatout51 likes this.
  18. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

It was over a YEAR to get the shackles

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Macs and Ecklers have been raked over the coals on this and other sites and it well deserved. It's sad and maybe they will figure out how much they are loosing. Maybe they will buy out Patrick's too. At least there they are positive they will get an F rating from the BBB.

20. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I just reread your post, yes over a year what the FUCK!

Tim and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. carryallman

carryallman

if you paid w/credit card -call the credit co ! 1 yr is a long time ????

Tim and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. e z i

e z i

I still get their catalogs in the mail every now and then. They go straight in the garbage can..

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  23. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scan0041.jpg

warbird1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. adam401

adam401

This begs the question then who are some good places to order from?

chryslerfan55 and Fedcospeed like this.
  25. Got my shackle kit for my '59 Ford at C & G Ford, think it took 4 days for them to show up. Very reasonable to deal with and shipping is very fair. They call me every year to wish me a merry Xmas too.

26. All depends on what you want. For old Ford parts I have about 6 places I like to do business with.

27. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I'd call my CC company and protest the charge. over a year is just flat unacceptable.

28. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

3 months? This was 15 months!

29. pumpman

pumpman

This is sad. I've worked for large corporations and know how they think and it ain't about us.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  30. southcross2631

southcross2631

Used to be my go to place for Ford stuff. Not anymore since Eckler's bought them, they suck like Eckler's.

Atwater Mike and bobwop like this.