Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical weatherstripping for 1953 Ford Customline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jbutku4, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Jbutku4

Jbutku4

Hello, I am in need of locating some parts for a 1953 Ford customline (4-Door Sedan).

I am specifically looking for a complete weatherstripping kit... if that does not exist, here's the specifics:

- All window seals. Anything and everything to seal the windows. (all the rubbers)
    - Trunk Seal
    - Quarter window seals
    - The seal that goes around the perimeter of door opening (NOT THE DOOR ITSELF)

I honestly don't even know the name for some of these seals, so I appreciate any help. An all inclusive kit would also be nice, but I haven't been able to locate one.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. rdscotty

rdscotty
    from red deer

3. hotrod428

hotrod428

Dennis Carpenter

4. Jbutku4

Jbutku4

5. rdscotty

rdscotty
    from red deer

Sorry, just seeing this now. I did not buy a kit, just the individual pieces I needed for my 37 Pontiac.
    (and that was in 1996.) Everything seemed to fit well, once it relaxed from being crammed up for shipping.

6. Call Dennis Carpenter and get their catalog,they will have what you need,BTW bite the bullet and but high quality rubber,no one wants to replace it in just a few years. HRP

7. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

I went to a local auto glass dealer with samples of what I needed and matched them up. very reasonable, about 1/10th of what the catalog dealers wanted and they worked perfectly.

JeffB2 likes this.
  8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

31ACoupe has the right idea,also some automotive upholstery supply stores carry those items in bulk I saved a lot getting some of mine for my '54 Ford also you should request this free catalog: http://www.classicautopartsonlinecatalog.com/app.php?BookCode=fsz17flx They have illustrations in it that will help you. You really should join the 1952-59 Ford Social Group you can get a lot of help from there. If you get Dan's CD-ROM of the 1949-1959 Ford Parts Manual there is an illustration section that shows where every part is located and it's proper name. It is the best money you can spend on your project. Contact him here: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/conversations/add?to=danman55