Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1933 Ford 5 Window VIN#

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Collin Blubaugh, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Collin Blubaugh

Collin Blubaugh

IMG_6213 (2).JPG IMG_6216 (2).JPG IMG_6220.JPG
    Hello, I recently bought a 33' 5 window and the left frame rail near the steering box has no stamping. The VIN# on the title checks out tho.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. The frame is also stamped on the left top rail at about the door and again at the top of the left rail on the rear kick up. The body will have to be removed to find these other two.
    The missing numbers may be found [you're looking in the right place] with some fine sand paper. They get faint after years of rust but they're generally stamped pretty deep. Unless somebody ground it off it should come up with sand paper.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Check the top of the transmission. The pad there originally had the serial number too. But, sometimes transmissions get changed out so the number might not match.

On the top of the frame, check a bit farther back closer to the firewall.

4. Collin Blubaugh

Collin Blubaugh

Thanks will be looking soon!

5. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

I agree with looking a little farther back, could be anywhere all the way to the firewall. Rub it down with a rag and lacquer thinner and a hint of numbers might show up. Is this an original car or suppose to be? Taking the body off to check the other spots would be a bummer.

6. RODIST

RODIST

Hi,.. as previously posted ,.. sandpaper works & a wire brush works ok.
    Look for a star stamped in then #’s,& another star. First
    #’s 18 then a - ( dash)Then more #’s.
    Instead of a - ,.. some have a small <->.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Hold a flashlight at an angle to help see the number (if it is there). Look into raising the number with acid.

Charlie Stephens

8. As Alchemy said, look closer to the firwall. The number may start weith 18 or 40 or no prefix. I've had them all three ways. The number itself will be six digits. You mentioned the number on the title worked out: with what? It needs to match the frame right???

H380 likes this.
  9. FWIW: number stamp sets are available with the star and correct ones and nines.
    Just sayin'

10. I may be wrong on this but if the number on the title bears no relation to the number on the frame (somebody bought a title) then the number on the frame, if it came with a 4 cylinder, could also be star, "B", 7 digits and another star. It may be time to lift the body (hopefully you can still catch the seller). I am concerned about the weight data on your copy of the title. Is the title for a pickup truck? Does the body type on the title say "CPE" on something similar? Get this mess straightened out before you do anything on the car. Get it resolved soon before the seller vanishes. Don't risk stamping your own numbers on the frame. If the title doesn't belong with the car and the number shows up (maybe in another state) there will be hell to pay.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  11. Nicholas Figge

Nicholas Figge

12. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All three of my 34s had numbers right where you are looking, just about in the middle of the two holes. Try lightly rubbing with sandpaper, I bet it is there.

[​IMG]

-Abone.