Register now to get rid of these ads!

Salem Oregon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Camm, Jan 15, 2013.

1. wutnxt

wutnxt

Hellooo! Don't forget the Rust-O-Rama, right there at the State Fairgrounds in Salem. It's put on by the Cherry City Bombers Club. Mid-Summer-ish. Good time and plenty o' primer.

2. A Rodder

A Rodder

Ive heard he roundup was same weekend as billetproof?

3. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

pick up a copy of the 2013 northwest car events calendar...www.upfrontimages.com...$5 ...for all the shows around and beyond....

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Damn April that hurts,s welcome to the northwet dont forget beachs in the summer
    1000 to 2000 cars in the middel of the week not bad.

6. bizcoupeguy

bizcoupeguy

7. april may

april may

Week before.

8. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

2012 it was the same weekend ??

9. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

The Cherry City Bombers car club is in Salem I believe. They put on a good show.

10. Camm

Camm

Any cruise nights or just hang out spots????????????

11. snowman

snowman

12. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

Welcome to the NW. As for cruise nights every Friday evening from May through October Dairy Queen and Bales Thriftway on Kinnaman rd and Farmington rd in Aloha / Beaverton host it. We get somewhere between 50 and 100 cars each week. Starts at 4:30 in the afternoon and goes till late in the evening. We also have a DIY restoration shop in Beaverton that our family runs that is fun to see as well. Burgerville in Hillsboro (across from Hillsboro Airport on 124th ave and Cornell rd) has a Saturday night cruise in starting at 4:00 pm and going till dusk from May through October as well. Pm me I know a few others as well.

Chris

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

No, you might be getting the vintage show/swap meet in Longview, and the Billetproof drags mixed up. They are the same weekend.

14. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

15. 30ARoadster

30ARoadster
    from Salem, OR

The Salem Speed Shop in Salem, OR had a fire today. A motor home was burnt bad and the side attached shed had some burn marks on the upper rafters. The shop as a whole looks ok and probably didn't have much if any damage. The fire department had to rip off the shop garage door to get inside to put out the fire, other than that, that might be the only damage to the shop it's self. The side building may have more damage. I was driving by and noticed all the fire trucks around. They had the fire out when I was there, but they were still searching around to make sure it was totally out. Thankfully the fire department is only two blocks away!

My perspective was from the sidewalk. I wasn't able to get in there and see up close, but I do believe it will live and for the most part everything is ok.

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Was this the old original one that was featured in ? Hot Rod magazine some years back?

Found it.
    http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-0901-1950-salem-speed-shop-glenn-volz/

17. 30ARoadster

30ARoadster
    from Salem, OR