Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. I see Canadians like to shoot holes in abandoned cars too, just like us south of the border...

els likes this.
  2. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

Here's one that frustrated me, sat around in this lady's side yard for years, I asked about it several times, but no give, then one day it's gone, hope it went somewhere nicer than where it came from
    IMG_1516.JPG IMG_1517.JPG IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1519.JPG IMG_1520.JPG
    and I really wanted that damned croquet mallet!

3. What was it? Kinda looks 35-36 Ford but the suicide doors and 6 cyl engine .......maybe Mopar?

els and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  4. Not a MoPar with those suicide doors.

els and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  5. I
    I think its a 35 Studebaker coupe;).

Bowtie Coupe, els and 31Dodger like this.
  6. buford_59

buford_59

Ron,

Not a Studebaker, possibly a GM? Just looked them up and they're not suicide. Any other guesses?

DoUg

els likes this.
  7. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

Well I'm a little late but yes, it was indeed a Studebaker.
    And those last two pictures you put up just rubbed it in hahaha!

Ron Funkhouser and els like this.
  8. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

IMG_1975.JPG IMG_1974.JPG IMG_1973.JPG IMG_1972.JPG IMG_1970.JPG IMG_1969.JPG
    Here's some shots out of a yard in San Andreas Ca., couldn't find anyone to talk to, but maybe their for sale

9. scott27

scott27

Nailhead A-V8, gonmad, keef59 and 6 others like this.
  10. mrloboy

mrloboy

I sure enjoy your posts from Alberta. I have my own yard with over 100 vehicles and a good friend 50 miles from here with close to 500! I guess I should post some. Yards are drying up. I remember collecting thirty years ago, thinking that nothing with four doors are coming home. Including Packard, Hudsons, Lincolns etc. Oh dear! We sure had fun picking 40 years ago!

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  11. mrloboy

mrloboy

Boys and guns! Don't care where you live!

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  12. setting & rotting 009.JPG setting & rotting 011.JPG setting & rotting 012.JPG setting & rotting 021.JPG

Attached Files:

13. setting & rotting 016.JPG setting & rotting 017.JPG setting & rotting 019.JPG setting & rotting 020.JPG setting & rotting 016.JPG setting & rotting 017.JPG setting & rotting 019.JPG setting & rotting 020.JPG The Blue 63 with the tree on it was my truck in the early 70,s. I once had a 390 Hp 427 engine in it. several 283,s and 327.s. I bought it in 70 for $450 and the 283 in it smoked like a tire kill. I drove it home and pulled that engine and installed a 283 bored .060 in it. and was driving it the very same nite. My wife learned to drive in that truck.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  14. Bowtie Coupe and biggeorge like this.
  15. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

Ron Funkhouser and czuch like this.
  16. scott27

scott27

Ya, in Seaton's Grove.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  17. The old cement mixer is a circa 1940 CMT. construction machinery company rig. It was used by the WPA. It is still useable. There is a cable winch that raises and lowers the bail. they loaded gravel by hand in a creek and filled the water resevior. then towed it to wherever they where poring cement. it is powered by a two cyl Wisconsin engine.

Attached Files:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  18. dartracer

dartracer

Found this on a oil lease road way back on a ranch. The bottom half is pretty sold. Worth digging out for parts?

Attached Files:

19. Start digging and you will probably find it to be a roadster body.

20. I can't think of a good reason NOT to dig it out!

21. Yep....looks like a Model A roadster body and doors. The floor pans look great!

biggeorge likes this.
  22. dartracer

dartracer

Very solid from the belt line down. No rust on the subrails and floor other than surface rust. Rancher didn't even know it was back there, and said have at it.

Nailhead A-V8, czuch and biggeorge like this.
  23. buford_59

buford_59

Sorry Ron and the rest of you guys. When I looked up '35 Studebaker, I must of had my wife's glasses on 'cause what I saw yesterday isn't what I saw today. DOH!!!!
    Rick at mrloboy , You should definitely show your hoard. I'm sure you'll find a lot of interest.

DoUg (Bedford)

26 T Ford RPU and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  24. Ha, That's OK Buford-59 . That's not a very common car. This 48 Chevy delivery was in a fence roll. The bottom and frame were too far gone to save at the time. :( And notice the chicken on the door, an egg wagon. 20171128_193326.jpg 20171128_193518.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  25. triman62

triman62

My uncle had a coupe with a rooster driving a wagon painted on the door, it was called the cock wagon. He also had painted by the passenger door handle, Girls who smoke put your butts in here! It was a long time ago I didn't even know what a camera was, but I wish I had a picture of it.

26. Squablow

Squablow

Yes. If you can't use it, someone else can, and it's worth at least enough to be worth the effort of digging it out. I pieced a roadster body together on some pretty shitty subrails and if I could have started out with that it would have come together a lot easier and cleaner.

A lot more bodies out there need bottoms than need tops.

Ron Funkhouser and porkshop like this.
  27. willy1947

willy1947