Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Dick Pages 32 five window

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Joemama, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Joemama

Joemama

I was fortunate enough to locate the front fenders for Dick's five window. A special thanks to Marshall at Thunfield hot rods for making a deal with me. I also located the rears, all of them are still in the gold candy, thank you Denny Hall! The Body is still the same color gold as the pictures. :cool::)

Attached Files:

bowie, Dirty Dug, mgtstumpy and 9 others like this.
  2. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Very nice deuce five window!

Joemama likes this.
  3. Joemama

Joemama

Thanks ss34coupe! It will be nice again, finding the fenders like I did was pure luck and mercy of the folks who had them. The plan right now is to bolt to her back together and get her running, then finish the new frame and continue on with her final look, as Dick wanted it. There is still some parts I need to locate but that shouldn't be to hard.

Chris likes this.
  4. Richard Head

Richard Head

I seem to remember Dick planning to chop that car before he died. It didn't make sense to me because the car was kind of iconic in its unchopped gold candy form. Does the final look as Dick would have wanted it include a chop?

kidcampbell71 and Joemama like this.

5. Joemama

Joemama

You are correct about a planned chop. I fully agree that it is a iconic car without the chop and yes the final look of the "five window" will be chopped as Dick wanted it. However, as you have already read I did locate the front and rear fenders, I also have the O.G. frame, suspension ft and rear and the flathead. So while the new frame waits to be complete, I thought why not have fun and put her back together and drive her a little in Gold. It's been along time sense that has happened. Still need a few parts like a f-100 column, a trans and a set of Astro wheels.

6. Scouter Dad

Scouter Dad

Hey I think its great what you are doing for Dick . I hope you post pictures before the chop, Would anyone have old photos of Tacoma Rodders ? I'm from Tacoma and I love seeing early photos of what it was like then.
    I used to get up early Sat. mornings just to tune in to Cruising Northwest and watch Dick do his thing 9:00 sharp !

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang, I missed that one entirely. the only car that I knew Dick had was the Black 32 Sedan. I tried to follow him from Gig Harbor to Port Orchard to the Port Orchard show on the water front back in the 80's with my 51 Merc and there was no way I could keep up. That was when I decided that the Merc needed a lot more horse power than the 72 350 Olds provided.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

The gold/light root beer isn't bad but I really like the purple. Those headers in the pic re way to close to the ground...scrub line?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. brady1929

brady1929

10. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Having read many magazines threw the years, some peoples names stick with you. Their build styles are iconic and have an impact on others, even for me living in the midwest. Thanks for what you are doing. IMG_20200527_0001.jpg IMG_20200527_0002.jpg

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Almost 3 years have passed. Did you get the car together?