Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage a ride before they start salting the roads.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Nov 26, 2017.

1. hmmmm, you might be right:D

yeah, they do tend to surprise you at times. crazy bastards.

it was fun.

loudbang likes this.
  2. Love the covered bridge,all the ones I remember from my youth have been lost to vandals & arsonist. :(HRP

3. i passed two others that i didn't stop at. they really are a treasure.

4. the Red Lion is the building on the right in the Rockwell painting. every year, the road gets closed and they reenact this picture. i think they do it next week. we went a few years back and it is fun to see. 37470_lg.jpeg

5. studebaker46

studebaker46

I remember seeing that picture. it must be nice to live in an area with a lot of history

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  6. speaking of history : funny story about the Red Lion Inn. a friend of mine for years would spend a weekend at the inn with his wife, brother in law, his wife and another couple. one of their favorite things was sitting in the bar located in the lower level, in their long red underwear, snow boots and fur hats with ear flaps and party till closing time. they were also known for their mid evening snow angels, but i digress. the bar, called the Lions Den, had photos of celebrities that had visited the inn. my buddy, wanting to play a joke on his brother in law, took the brother in laws high school photo, framed it, signed it and wrote "it's been real" and using two way tape stuck it to the wall when his b.i.l. went to the mens room. joke went over well and was the laugh of the weekend.............and the following year...........and the following year. they were even more surprised when they showed up the forth year and the place had been renovated..........and the photo had been moved to another wall.........:D
    "it's been real"

7. toml24

toml24

Sunset in Ventura, CA. on Thanksgiving night for the 77TH running of the Turkey Night Grand Prix for Midgets.
    IMG_20171123_164835555_HDR.jpg

8. Thanks for the ride - a -long....really nice car and photos !

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

^^X2.. I plan to make a run this coming Wednesday, give or take a few days or several days..Don't know which direction yet..Maybe north west and have lunch at the store in Cornwall at intersection of 7 & 4. Or go south east and have lunch near the Waterford Speed Bow or even hit Sound View by doing rt 1..We'll see..

10. IMG_1866.JPG IMG_1868.JPG

Man... I don't know how y'all deal with that much winter weather up there. I'd go nuts not being able to work outside.

We had the red street rod car out on Thanksgiving. Took my younger 2 nephews for a ride around the block. Weather was perfect.

We're in the prime of Hot Rod season here in Austin right now. Monday is supposed to be 76 and Tuesday is high of 78.

I'll probably pick my son up from school in the red 32 car on Tuesday and take the long way home.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  11. gene-koning

gene-koning

I got the coupe out and went for a little ride Sat afternoon, but no pictures. We may be able to take another short ride sometime Monday, at least its suppose to be in the mid 50s or low 60s, depending on which weather forecast you listen to. Might be tough to get away during a work day. Gene

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks 33 it doesn't get any better than that...warmer yes...better no. Great Hotrod, Great stories and great shots.

13. loudbang

loudbang

That is a great route. I used to get paid to drive around it over and over all night LOL. :)

Bruce Fischer and tb33anda3rd like this.
  14. your welcome, and thanks!

i like the store in Cornwall bridge and it was nicely decorated for christmas. i was going to stop and take a photo in front but there were cars parked in front.
    take photos on your trip and post them here.

we work out side, your body gets acclimated, i would melt into my shoes in a texas summer.......until i got used to it.

15. take a day off.........it's a long winter and you deserve it.

thanks!

loudbang i actually thought about you when i was up that way...............and kept my eyes out for your successors.;)

Stogy, loudbang and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  16. I took a little road trip Friday. A couple friends wanted to meet up for coffee and B.S.. before winter. We picked a central location. Had a great time. Of course I had to take a few photos.:rolleyes: Ron.... 20171125_163122.jpg 20171125_165440.jpg 20171125_165125.jpg 20171125_173341.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  17. Going to be in the 50s here today and nice.Going to take the 56 Chrysler to run around and do all my stuff today. Bruce.

18. Ron, You have some beautiful country out there in the Valley.

19. Bruce, You have some scenic sights there in the Smokies as well.

20. loudbang

loudbang

LOL if one finds you I have been gone so long and working the dark world so long nobody remembers me my SON found that out the hard way LOL. :confused:

tb33anda3rd and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. UFO,..more pics of the 50 Chevy Fleetline please.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  22. Slopok

Slopok

Truth is you were mesmerized by his RED rims!;)

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  23. Latigo

Latigo

Thanks for the ride along. Beautiful country. When you get to the PNW look us up. We're over on the dry side.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  24. We lost the worlds longest single span covered bridge in Tropical Storm Irene

The bridge was built in 1855,it had not been used by vehicles since 1932. It survived many winter ice floes and the massive floods of 1869 and 1903.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG].
    Flood of 1996
    [​IMG]

Tropical Storm Irene
    [​IMG]

25. wicarnut

wicarnut

Happy for you ! Here in the great North Woods of Wi. we've already had snow, flurries, freezing rain and the roads are salt loaded, driving in dust cloud from salt residue. This is my chosen retirement location and I just might head south this winter for a month or so.

26. nice photos Ron

do they use salt down there? 50 is good working and cruising weather.

gods country

he is just one of us common folks............:eek:;)

loudbang likes this.
  28. Bummer!

remember if you lived in paradise, where would you vacation?o_O:confused::D

wicarnut likes this.
  29. Here's a few more rusty1. My good friend Timmy 's (1low52) on here. Hope he'll post a few more too.A COOL Chevy. 20171125_163127.jpg 20170901_143341.jpg 20170519_112527.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. Had the rod out for a ride today, 160 miles. Northern Illinois was low 50's today. Looks good all week.
    Then back into winter storage.

Phil