Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical BODY PARTS & PIECES section in the Classified section

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Nov 26, 2017.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think it is safe to say more cars are built out of pieces or rough bodies on the HAMB than any other site. Is there a need for a special "Pieces" section in the classified section? Would people be more likely to list half of a door or, section of a quarter panel if there was a place to list these bits? Just found some cowl sections for one of my projects and was wondering.

Bob

biggeorge, Texas36, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

count me in, I save it all, just for the little stuff...

wheeldog57 likes this.
  3. oj

oj

Thats a good idea.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Probably keep more of it from going too the scrap yard.

5. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

I have a rolling chassis and a motor. I need some sheet metal. You know what my answer is.:)

biggeorge and brett4christ like this.
  6. Budget36

Budget36

Many sites (smaller than this) have for sale/wanted broken up into exterior, interior, drive train, etc. I'd suggest it, but then again I'm not the one doing the work to split it up;)

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

want ads with pictures may help find parts/pieces that we might have and don't know it

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

OK, good point, I never go to the "Questions & Suggestions" section, so maybe a "Pieces" section wouldn't get much traffic either. Just think of all the leftover top chop pieces, someone might need to fix a bad old chop.

Bob

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Your '39 cab cowl pieces and Thanksgiving leftovers are what got me thinking. :confused:

Bob

11. Not a bad idea.
    I've got some decent '32 5 window quarter panels, chop pieces and Windshield frames to sell. Haven't listed them yet, but probably should.

12. adam401

adam401

Maybe just an available prefix in the classified section that could go before the title like how on the main board there are prefixes for hot rod, custom, tech etc. Might be less difficult than adding another section. I don't know I'm not a web designer but a section or designation of some sort for that stuff would be helpful.

13. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, whatever would make it simple, parts is parts, no need to brake it down my make and model. But these parts would Cut or badly Rotted, no need to mix up normal used parts. Bob

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  15. Well there should be more policing of what is "Complete Cars" in the "Cars for sale" section or at least a few new rules, like Running/driving vs rolling basketcase.

16. Crocodile

Crocodile

I love the idea of this addition. It would teach some of us newbies what to look out for and save. Not that I get rid of much anyways...

The37Kid likes this.
  17. So where will it end ?

Once you start sub dividing categories you expediently increase problems managing those categories.

Things have been just fine for years ....

Jim

flatheadpete and partsdawg like this.
  18. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

How would this make it any easier than just looking or posting in the parts for sale that already exists?

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  19. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I think it's fine just the way it is.. I look at the "parts for sale" section every day and doesn't take very long to go through it.. Different sections I think, would make it harder to view...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Naw. Don't add another section. It's fine how it is. People tend to break ads up too much now. If you have a pile of Model A parts, make one post, put everything in there, and label it as "Model A Parts". I don't need one ad for a door and one ad for a bumper. If I'm looking for A stuff, I'll find it.

21. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Help me find a 28 9 roadster body east of the big river.

22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Keep it how it is. There are only maybe 50-150 new posts under parts for sale per day (and a lot are "bumps"). It only takes a few minutes to skim through them all.
    If there were 1000 new posts a day it would be worth dicing it up.

23. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Yeah, good luck with that!
    I found it easier to get parts and pieces than finding whole bodies. Once in a blue moon someone would post up a back half or a cowl with a few parts. Most were very crispy though. Most of my parts came from new found friends through the HAMB. Good luck, Ron

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, I'm going to wait till my chassis is finished ,unless that killer deal comes thru.