Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods wtb dodge 1954 leaf shackles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c/h, Nov 24, 2017.

1. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

need a set of leaf spring shackles for my 54 dodge c1 where is the place to buy please thanks

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. arthurC3

arthurC3

Available at Andy Berbaum Moparts. Looks the same for passenger car. Call them direct to verify. Also available from NAPA if you find a part number to cross reference. The older store here,still uses books. They found the water pump for my '38 that was the same as '54. Fuel pump is the same after indexing the diaphram.

Sent from my LG-H830 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Roberts Motor parts.com

4. expect to pay between 60-120 for the set.
    rare parts inc has them, you make sure to indicate the placement of them. rear spring, left and right.

If you have the original part make sure to check the center to center or outer width and confirm over the phone with them that is is the same size.

Double check the fitment on the mount. I'm going through this right now and my mount ovaled out over time so I have redo that part and get replacement rear shackles.

the site to check is oldmoparts.com, which I believe is what Andy bernbaum turned into.

If you find a napa number for them that would awesome, but once again make sure the width works with you car. Most Mopars from the 30-40 use the same type of shackle, also Willys Jeeps do too.

I just checked Napa, they will sell you the Rare parts ones.

5. c/h

c/h
    from iowa

sure look like good prices from Andy's.il give them a call tomorrow see what we come up with. Thanks for the input out there.

6. gene-koning

gene-koning

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you can get a part number stick that in the Ebay search. I've found a lot of NOS quality brand chassis parts for good prices that way. The good prices come from people who buy out warehouses and put a low start prices on stuff.

Autozone actually shows them in the Rare Parts brand. Rare parts prices for the most part. I see that there are lefts and rights. So you have to take that into consideration along with spring width.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017