Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1935 Ford 3 window coupe . 49 Mercury engine

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Asphalt Outlaw Hero, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

City: Nashville

State: Tennessee
    Price: $35,000
    View attachment 3609234 I've had this for about 5 years. 20 months ago I had my shoulder replaced. As much as I love the car, I need something easier to steer. This I so traditional, I'd hate to stuff a Mustang II frontend under it.
    Details:
    1935 Ford 3 window coupe. Original paint. Original hood and sidecovers removed and another hood was heavily louvered and installed. Original hood goes with it. There is a picture of it with the original hood and sidecovers in photo file. The rain trough is intact for rear window. There is a slight bit of rust through behind each door. Quite common and only visible when you look in trunk.
    49? Mercury engine. Edelbrock heads. 2 deuce manifold. Big block chevy distributor with Petronix ignition. Walker radiator.5 speed transmission. 8" rear-end rebuilt with new 3:90 gears. Cruises at 70 in 5th. Dash powder coated black and period SW gauges installed. Ashtray removed and Sun tachometer installed. Seat reupholstered .Working wiper installed. Door panels are bare. I have the original panels for a template. Wheels are the original 35's with radials. Frontend was dropped a little with blocks. Valves adjusted recently. One NOS and one excellent 46-48 Ford drums installed on front. Front window cranks open. Rear window goes up and down. Possible delivery to Louisville NSRA meet. No trades. No need for brokers. Car is titled in my name. Most work was done by Paul Kosma in Horn Lake ,MS.
    Like Dolly Parton said: "It costs a whole lot to look this cheap".
    I have more images 35-8.JPG IMG_20120713_120734.jpg photo 1.JPG

2. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

3. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I recently stuck in a 39 box. Steering is a lot better. I also installed the original paint hood sidecovers. They still have the factory pinstriping. If you are coming to Good Guys in Bowling Green, Ky. this weekend, I'm close. I have my eye on something else.

4. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Black Friday bump. Well it is a black car.

5. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Just in time for Christmas 5% off!

Attached Files:

toptenmoe and Joemama like this.
  6. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I can meet you at Good Guys in Nashville. Buy it before someone puts a Mustang II front end and AC in it. I've recently installed the original side hood panels and a 38 Ford steering box.

Attached Files:

Lasallefever likes this.