Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Detroit Clutch Masters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 68 Dart, Nov 22, 2017.

1. 68 Dart

68 Dart

I have been looking for clutch builders and stumbled across Detroit Clutch Masters located in Warren, Michigan. I talked to a guy there and he seemed very knowledgeable. I want a high performace clutch built for my Mopar A 833. Has anyone ever used them to build a clutch? and How was the quality?
    Thanks.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 68 Dart

68 Dart

I am from Pittsburgh and there used to be a clutch place in Jeannette, Pa, but it no longer exists. Even if you don't know about Detroit Clutch Masters, tell me about another custom clutch shop please.

3. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

I have never used Clutch Masters myself. However, I did have a couple of clutches done at Clutch Dynamics in Lansing MI. They did a great job and were very reasonable. Avoid dropping your stuff off in the spring. He will have tractor clutches backed up.
    I mentioned to the owner of CD that I brought my stuff to him because the place in Redford MI that did clutches was no longer there. He agreed that Clutch Masters was the only other place around that still did the work. He said one of the kids or employees took over the business from the old guy who started it way back when. He had nothing bad to say about them. CM often has a booth/tent at the local car shows.

4. There's also Fort Wayne clutch.

egads likes this.

5. 68 Dart

68 Dart

Thanks for the info. Not many of these places around anymore.

6. Falcon Clutch, Deer Park NY. They used to be called Economy Clutch, now they are running with the big dogs. Will make you anything you want.

7. southcross2631

southcross2631

They might be the shop that built a clutch and pressure plate for my older brother's corvette back in the late 60's ? They were down there somewhere. The counterman at Gratiot auto supply sent us there.