Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1934 Plymouth Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by captainflight, Nov 18, 2017.

1. captainflight

captainflight

I plan on building a frame or does anybody know what frame might be a good fit. Hard to find an original. My plan is to build a fender-less hot rod with a drop axle front suspension. Any info would be greatly appreciated

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

put it on a deuce frame/chassis.

3. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

I used a 34 Ford frame back in the 60s for a B/A.

4. < My '31 Plymouth coupe is sitting on a '33 Chevy frame. Fit like it was made for it.

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Mopars are like Volkswagens, Corvairs, Studebakers, Ramblers and Corvettes. If a guy has more than two, then more than likely they has a shed full. But they never want to sell anything.

scotts52, Clay Belt and Texas Webb like this.
  6. captainflight

captainflight

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I will be building my own frame, possible starting with a set of deuce rails. My vision is a fender-less drag style coupe. I have a few early Olds rocket engines that I will use to build up a a good strong runner. coupled to a muncie four speed transmission.Thanks again I will post my progress when I get started.

RMR&C likes this.
  7. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

They are great cars....this was on stock frame.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71, RMR&C and exterminator like this.
  8. captainflight

captainflight

Beautiful! Thanks for the photo.

9. Godspeed

Godspeed

“Hard to find an original” is a big understatement. I have been looking for a 1934 Plymouth PG rolling chassis for over a decade. The PG was the base model without independent front suspension. I haven’t even found a picture of the chassis/frame.

10. captainflight

captainflight

There are a co
    Srpm makes frames for these cars but they are very expensive. They have lots of other stuff too.

Hudson31 likes this.
  11. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I have the independent front suspension if you want to upgrade when you find a frame.

12. Godspeed

Godspeed

Sorry, I should’ve been more specific. I have a chassis on my car now (hand built, Mustang II front, narrowed rear). I am looking for an original 1934 Plymouth PG chassis / Frame without independent suspension..

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  13. Godspeed

Godspeed

Sorry captainflight, I will stop hijacking your thread now.

14. this is one of the sexiest fenderless mopars ever
    33 ply.png

15. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Stock or self fabricated including rails. Perimeter.

16. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Did all 34`s have independent front suspension or just certain models. You can also use a 33.

17. Godspeed

Godspeed

The PE, PF, PFXX, and PG were all built in 1934, but the PG is the only one that didn’t have independent front suspension. http://www.ply33.com/Models/PG/#highlights

The PG was the low cost model. It also had no option for a glove box or ashtray (which is the telltale sign of a PG, because the dashboard is just one stamping with flat areas of steel where the glovebox and ashtray could have gone.)
    https://report.oldcarsweekly.com/vehicle/1934-plymouth-standard-pg-model-6-cyl-108-w

The wheel base in 1934 was either 108” or 114” (for the PE). The PE long wheelbase cars had 2 doors that could be opened, behind the louvers, on the back sides of the hood. The PF, PFXX, and PG short wheelbase cars have just louvers.
    https://www.allpar.com/history/plymouth/1934.html

The wheelbase in 1933 was either 107” or 112”. http://www.ply33.com/Models/PCXX/#compare

Wheelbase between 1933 & 1934: Close, but no banana!

18. If you find a short wheelbase 33 frame, can't you just kick out the front suspension to suit? I mean you will be running a ford style front end you have to change the front crossmember anyhow.
    On 33 the wheelbase length difference it within the cowl and the front suspension. That is why hoods and fenders are specific to the frame. But if you are running fender less. It doesn't matter.

19. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i put mine on a 33 chevy frame with a ford front end

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and hot-rod 33 like this.
  20. 33 Plymouth frame with c4 corvette front and rear suspension 440/727

Attached Files: