Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 ford 3 window build (fiberglass car gasp)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by mikeallcars, Nov 22, 2017.

1. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

This will be my first build thread so bear with me. It will take some time but I will keep you updated. I traded a 36 5 window body and roller frame for this car ,it will be built highboy style like a rod built in the 60 S -700 S/I will post some photos later/

2. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

3. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

plans are a sbc and powerglide tranny frame was built with 2x4 square tubing need to finish welding the frame and mock up engine and trans will lift body off when i get it mocked up then pull the body and finish welding the frame.

4. dan31

dan31

Should be a fun build, mid sixties to 70 style is a personal favorite . Post lots of pictures.

mikeallcars likes this.

5. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

6. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Cool sounds like a great plan

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. swifty

swifty

Looks like the body has been "aged" sufficiently. You shouldn't have any of those "green" body problems.

dinglebarry and mikeallcars like this.
  8. raven

raven

Why would you limit yourself to a power-glide? They are good for racing but suck for the street.
    r

9. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

mikeallcars,
    In my opinion, I very much agree with Raven, I have a Power-Glide in my Quarter Mile Race Car which works great on a short trip down the Drag Track. I Would really not want to try to drive much more than a quarter mile or around the pits at the Drag Track with a Power-Glide with so many options out there to choose. A Manual Trans might be another option for you or Automatic Trans with more than two gears? Please keep us posted on your build.
    MR CLEAN

10. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

may go turbo 350 i just had powerglide built about a year ago just wanted to use what I have

11. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I hate to say it but Power Glides have their place , everyday street driving isn’t the place in today’s builds . 4 speed OD is the God sent in to days Hot Rod world . They have a lower 1st and super higher 4th . Why not take advantage of what is available ?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

nunattax likes this.
  12. Looks like a great project. Send more pics
    Despite what the inbred s may mumble from time to time, fiberglass is a very good thing. Lucky we have them available. Not everyone can afford the obscene prices of the other ones. And those who squeal the loudest likely have neither in their garage.................

studebaker46 and mikeallcars like this.
  13. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Thanks Ruff DaWG I love all old cars and have wanted a 32 since i was a teenager only way i can afford one (32) im 63 now my 34 is a steel car I got really lucky on both of them want to build this one so my wife can drive it thats why im going with a auto trans

spurgeonforge likes this.