Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Mooneyes Yokohama Hod Rod & Custom Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Mooneyes Yokohama Hod Rod & Custom Show

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

kidcampbell71 and Tim like this.
  2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I have a number of friends that have been invited and made the trip,,

I wait by the mailbox each day until 4,,,,,,,,,

3. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

Some one buy pick me up a pair of moon eyes vans shoes while your there ..Looks like a awesome time.

abe lugo likes this.
  4. verde742

verde742

A while back I called the Mooneye Company with what I thought was a tremendous idea for a 'new product" A MOON type look alike gas tank, with a opening on the top for a tool/or cleaning product, holding unit. With or Without lid..
    I imagined one in EVERYBODY'S trunk or PU bed. AND sales would soar. !!!

When I offered the idea to man on the phone: He said bluntly: NO, NOT INTERESTED !!
    and ( in my opinion) slammed phone down..
    Everybody likes to think their idea is worthy of listening about.
    There was no financial gain for me.. implied, or wanted....
    I Don't think I would contact them again , for their decals, coffee cups, key fobs, flags, trinkets, or etc..
    Maybe he was extremely busy or ??? But what a JERK.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017

5. And this is the problem. I have never understood what makes people think companies want you wasting their time calling unsolicited with every "great" idea that pops into your head. For a company it is the equivalent to telemarketers calling you at home.

WillyKJr likes this.
  6. Thanks for the spot of History there Jay.
    I sold my wagon to Shige this summer and I think it may make its way to Japan. I know its No high dollar anything just a cool wagon and they thought it was cool enough to buy. This show is also on my list.

Just found this.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Jive-Bomber and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Not sure if anyone knows but who pays to get all the vehicles over to Japan that are not from there? Seems like it would be an expensive proposition to get them all there and back.

8. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

When you get invited,,,,,,,,,,,

9. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

A surreal experience by many measures, not to mention the inevitable invitation to ' a night out in Shinjuku '....

Life is too short - just do it!

Special Ed likes this.
  11. verde742

verde742

Wasting their time? eh ?
    Reminds me of the salesman who was selling cannons, had one in the wagon, trying to get the attention of the guy throwing rocks at a enemy. The warrior said: Can't you see I have a war to fight? Come back when I am not so busy....

In my defense, Moon is already selling gas tanks developed by a previous owner, not like its a "brand new " product. Selling all "those little trinkets " must be where the money lies...

12. Yup perfect example of a salesman that has no idea what he is doing because just like the guy answering phones at Mooneyes the guy throwing rocks in the field more than likely has ZERO input on what it produced or purchased and the "salesman" is taking him away from his actual job answering the phone and helping customers. If that happens 10 times a day that is 10 potential customer actually wanting to buy something that don't get serviced.

13. henryj429

henryj429

I have been to this show twice. It is truly a bucket list item. I'll be passing through 5 days too late this year....that really bugs me, but the job takes priority! The show is hard core focused on the traditional stuff and the Mooneyes guys do a great job. The Honmoku store is a cool place to visit and the guys there treat visitors like royalty.