Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Deuces

Deuces

I love it!!!!!:):D:)

chryslerfan55 and quick85 like this.
  2. This won't compare with most of your builds, but I banged it up so I have a constant motivation in front of me of my full size 54 Ford build. It's a Welly diecast 53, it was kind of wierd to work toward a crap paint finish if you know what I mean. It's nothing flash but it is providing inspiration, and has also had me digging out some old kits and tinkering with them too.

20171118_175324.jpg

20170611_145941.jpg

3. philo426

philo426

4. philo426

philo426

5. I never thought of the '37 as much of a "chick magnet" before - but.. Cool diorama! That bike looks pretty slick too!

Dave

chryslerfan55 and 509garyd like this.
  6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Early 60s Monogram 34 Ford I picked up but missing some parts,might have found most of the parts but have picked up the 90s 33 chopped top version for the chassis and everything except for the hood if the original parts deal does not happen.

Attached Files:

7. philo426

philo426

8. Thanks Dave. Just goes to show you never know what will attract chicks. Everything in the photo came from ebay.

509garyd and rodncustomdreams like this.
  9. rudestude

rudestude

Hello......Hope everyone had a good Holiday...my brother handed me a bag of odds and ends he gathered from one of his estate sales ....some neat stuff...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]this Rambler American I put together years back, snap kit but I thought it was cool...plus I owned a real one at the time[​IMG]this next one isn't really a model ...the body is plastic...anyway it's a 55 Chevy Cameo pu that was my dads had I found it , along with some other toys, in the old dump on my property I live in the house that my dad and his dad where raised in.. through the years I have dug up a few old toys and things that was my dads even remains of toys that probably belonged to my grandfather...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]also if any of you are interested in that large scale stuff , I not going to use it, and seriously have a use for them drop me a PM and give me some info and I will get them to you....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Ya wanna sell any of that 1/8th stuff? Gary

chryslerfan55 and rudestude like this.
  11. rudestude

rudestude

I'm not going to use them....if you want the parts send a PM and we can get them to you....

chryslerfan55 and NHRANUT like this.
  12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

10-4 and thanx. PM next. Gary

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

It's "Sunday Models" - 12/3/2017 version. What do you have to show?

11-25-2017 033.JPG

11-25-2017 037.JPG

2017-11-25 11-25-2017.jpg

14. rudestude

rudestude

I like the look of your 32 quick85.....so I will keep the 32 theme going with this one ... I have actually had this one for several years I also have a vintage slot motor kit that would fit it, and a very large old Elden slot car track set up, but I haven't been able to get myself to assemble the kit yet.....some day...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. philo426

philo426

16. Here's a couple '40 Ford coupes I picked up from eBay. The black one is a early AMT gluebomb survivor and the red one is a Revell Standard coupe.
    IMG_5961.JPG
    IMG_5963.JPG
    IMG_5949.JPG
    IMG_5953.JPG

17. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

20171128_061326.jpg 20171128_061336.jpg 20171123_085059.jpg 20171123_084852.jpg The Big T was an old original kit a good friend of mine bought at a flea market years ago ,the box was opened and all taped up.He wasn't sure if all the parts where there, he told me to build it if I could and I could have it.So I did. The El Camino's I did as a pair, one stock and one 4 wheel drive, did I ever mention that I love 4 wheel drive trucks. The Corvette is an early AMT kit I did for the friend who gave me the Big T kit to match his real car. 20171117_075057.jpg

18. Deuces

Deuces

I'm a BIG fan of the big T....:D Got a few myself stashed away for that rainy day...
    Along with some parts packs.;)
    Yours looks great!!!:D

19. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

Thank you Deuces, I built it box stock, all I did was clear the body and paint the engine and interior. Amazingly enough it was only missing a few odds and ends.

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  20. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Rudestude, thanks for your comment. Somehow I was able to get mine through ebay a few months
    ago, and for only ten dollars. I swore if I won the auction I was going to build it. I lucked out, it was missing only the soft top and the windshield. I wasn't going to stuff it on a shelf and wait to make a killing on it. Now if I could only get the '59 Buick I want so badly...

rodncustomdreams and rudestude like this.
  21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Ditto!! Right after they came out, I hinted and hinted, and begged, for my folks to get me one for my birthday. While it pretty much looked like the box top when done, it had full wiring, plumbing and flex-straw radiator hoses. It had oil in the pan, too, and a working dip stick. I also chopped off the plastic wheel studs and replaced them with miniature 00-80 (or was it 0-72?) machine screws / nuts. Yep, I could remove / change the wheels and tires to alter the look now and then. My eyesight now is even more thankful for anything 1/8th. But the Big T was my first, you never forget your first, eh? It ranks right up there with my first (of many) AMT 1/25 5W Deuce coupe kits. Gary

22. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

IMG_2822R.jpg
    I don't have a good close up camera but here are some lousy pictures
    of some fun models I have built over the years.
    IMG_2826R.jpg
    These old AMY 36's are fun and quick to build. They have always
    been easy kit bash (swap parts form other kits) I still have a 3 window
    version to build some day

IMG_2828R.jpg
    This one is a Revell kit. This one and the convertible are both excellent kits.
    IMG_2829R.jpg IMG_2830R.jpg
    If you like old race cars I highly recommend this kit! I built it box
    stock and it was real fun to build.
    IMG_2832R.jpg
    The Forty Sedan is a build from the sixties updated with new wheels
    and tires from the Revell Model pick up kit. I have always been a fan of
    tear drop trailers. When this Diecast version came out recently I had to
    have one. Although it is 24th scale it still looks cool behind the old 25th
    scale sedan.

Oh and for you red wheel haters. The fad may have passed but I still like
    them with black cars especially. Have a great Sunday!

23. Deuces

Deuces

My first one was this one here.. when I got it back in 1971... A week after we landed in the States from the land down under... I discovered music, models and cool cars roaming the streets...:cool: SAM_8891.266144021_std.JPG

24. quick85 - Your original AMT '32 reminded me of my build of the coupe version. I chopped mine and used parts-box items to customize mine, but I was happy to find the kit in the basement of our old local hobby store around the time that rumours abounded regarding the demise of the tooling (50 years ago?)..!
    IMG_1794.jpg
    DSCN4861.JPG

Dave

25. rudestude - you got me going as well! Several years ago I came across some 1/32 scale kits at a swap meet. Three of my favourite subjects! I couldn't refuse them! Partial glue-bombs, but certainly saveable!
    IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg

Those two Pyros and this Palmer:
    IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg

I was pleased to find the basic body of the '36 moulded as one piece as my memory in building other Palmer kits was that in those cases it was required to glue the body sides on to the upper body surface. Not very appealing to a kid who was more used to building kits with a full body mould.

Dave

26. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Dave, I'm glad you posted the pics of the Pyro & Palmer cars. I wondered if any were built as one piece
    bodies. I remember seeing some as a kid and knew right away I wanted nothing to do with glueing
    the body together. Of course, now I'd like them just for the box art.

Mitch

27. rudestude

rudestude

Wow guys ...well to followup on what rodncustomdreams committed I kind of got myself going on the 1/32 kick also I went digging in one of my rooms found the following...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

28. rudestude

rudestude

Then I dug some more....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]the Mako Shark was one of them bag kits ,it came in a sealed clear plastic bag no box...and the two roadsters in the one pic, I have posted them before,are survivor's of the several that I had as a kid when my little brother and I had disputes we solved them by shooting BB guns at each others models until the first one give....the parts are what is left of the ones that didn't make it and have kept them all these years...

29. rudestude

rudestude

And the 1/32 32 Ford Roadster that got this thing all started..well after having it all these years not doing anything with it I decided it was time...so it is becoming a slot car...just what it said on the box...suitable for slot racing ...so that's what it going to be...it's all quick85's fault after making the remark about sitting on the shelf...haha... I could let it sit no more..... Thanks[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]