Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ***November 2017 Banger Meet - Thankful for Great Banger Tips***

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jiminy, Oct 31, 2017.

1. 97

Pressure plate has a 6 bolt pattern divided up into 3 groups of 2 with a 2.860” center to center. Sorry I cannot find the PCD .

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Dannerr likes this.
  2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

"Battle Ready"
    Just found my mask......

mask1 copy.jpg mask2 copy.jpg

Jet96, Outback and Crazydaddyo like this.
  3. gas pumper

gas pumper

Winduptoy, I'd guess you are gonna find a broken valve spring or retainer off.

winduptoy likes this.
  4. I posted the drill pattern on the fordbarn a while back. Here is the link. https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1269146#post1269146

Dannerr, 97 and Crazydaddyo like this.
  5. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Dannerr likes this.
  6. Had our quality technician at work measure it in our (metric, but still...) 3D-measuring machine, so I'm pretty sure of the accuracy of the holes in the pressure plate. But despite spending 1,5 hour friday trying to adjust the measurements, and converting them to imperial, I kept getting at least one hole off the PCD. Only by a little, but enough to annoy me...

Based on the referred post on Ford Barn, it should be 10,375". :) Thanks for the first measurement, @97.

Thanks a bunch, @62pan! This was exactly, what I was searching for! You just saved my day! :-D
    So, in the spirit of helping out, here is a screen shot with both [imperial] and metric dimensions: clutch diagram bolt_dual.JPG

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  7. 97

After seeing the drill pattern from 62 Pan I realised that the information I had was incorrect... the distance is in fact 2.860. ( Not 2.830) . Just shows how things can go wrong .
    I lifted that info directly from the website of one of the big suppliers yesterday...and now I cannot find which one, although I suspect it may well have been Speedway...my apology for putting you out .
    One would think that critical information like this would be checked and verified before a large international business listed it on their primary advertising platform? I have corrected my post so that the error does not compound in the future.

Dannerr likes this.
  8. TWSTR

TWSTR

Hi HotRodMicky, unfortunately not. Maybe there another one in NL. Shoot me a PM.

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid that I choose the "wrong" one. Got mine from snyders. Couldn't find metal tabs for the springs.

The head is a Winfield repop from H&H.

x2 Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid that I choose the "wrong" one. Got mine from snyders. The springs got no visible securement.

@Dannerr what about your volvo trans plans?

9. blgitn

blgitn

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

10. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

11. They are (still) postponed indefinitely, due to the rules for participating in the Rømø Motorfestival and my accurement of a second B-transmission. :)

The sinners:
    [​IMG]

Again, thanx a buch for the help, @62pan and @97!

12. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was hoping that would be the case but it isn't. Going to have to go deeper.
    Happy Thanksgiving all.... enjoy the day

Sent from my XT1254 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Please remember these things broke when the we're NEW!

winduptoy likes this.
  14. callcoy

callcoy

TSA Problem
    If you fly with car parts in the States you may want to be extra careful when packing your carburetor. I left late from Nashville on my way to to Speed Week via Salt Lake City. when I got to Wendover I discovered that my Model B carb. was missing, the Model A carb. I packed was still in my greatly dis ruffled bag. The inspection note was present explaining my luggage had been inspected,but no note that they needed my carb. more then me.

I had taken extra care to properly package these carbs., they were triple wrapped. The first layer was a plastic bag twice as wide as the carb is wide, the surplus was wrapped back over lengthwise then doubled over twice and sealed with packing tape. To cushion the carb. a doubled over in both directions heavy craft paper was made and then sealed with packing tape. The final wrap was another plastic bag identical to the first covering the double wrap in the same fastion and sealed with packing tape.

We are usually out to the left coast for 2 or more months at this time each year, so we have our mail forwarded to the Calif. address, I say this because approx. 2 weeks after Speed Week I receive greatly delayed mail from Southwest Airlines. It is a form letter
    notifying me that that something has been removed from my luggage and listed 10 different reasons why this has been done.

So I start the process, if there is one, to get my carb. back, found that a claim could be submitted to TSA, claim forms, photos, copies of catalog pages from suppliers and an itemized statement of replacement costs, after all, they inspected the luggage and must have taken it out. After discovering the missing item Aug.11th I have been writing letter drafts in order to send everyone in the possible chain including the local TSA Officer in Charge at The Nashville airport, Southwest Airlines and my Congresswoman, intending to send them if all efforts failed.

I finally connected with a lady at TSA that listens to me and she informs after several phone calls and submitting an information package with photos, that there was little they could as it appears that it was too long ago and the video tape that showed the inspection had been
    erased. I told her that the incident was not her fault but with my background in engineering and manufacturing along with my management history that I would pursue this until I had satisfaction. I told her about my letters I intended to send and requested the name overall director of the Nashville TSA operation.

Two days later she sends me a email that my carb. was ruled "HASMAT" of course I told her that was impossible but if it was why didn't they take both. A day later she calls me and asks if I am sitting down, she said she located it at Southwest and that Southwest
    normally destroys HASMAT items after 30 days. She said that a lady there has it and that if I contact her she will return it. I made an appointment and picked it up Nov. 25th.

So what is message here, I don't know, I certainly took great care in my wrapping, was it an error by an inspector, if so they overlooked my gas smelly work shoes in a plastic bag unsealed in the same piece of luggage. Your guess is as good as mine.

Old Dawg and ghornbostel like this.
  15. 97

SOMEBODY , who knew the difference between A and B carbs wanted the B carb.... once you complained , it took them a few weeks to work out who had it and another week to get it back to the shop AFTER you told them you would not give up easily........ then they called and told you about the miracle of finding it . Maybe I am a cynic.

Old Dawg likes this.
  16. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I've lost absolutely BRAND NEW, UNUSED items in this way a few times. Always something hard to get or expensive. One came with a nice note saying that I could return to Germany to pick the item up if I wished.
    There are those out there that "Game the system'' and officially allowed to take your possessions in addition to the normal outright theft.

Sorry, This is part of the age we live in.

Old Dawg likes this.
  17. hardtimesainit

hardtimesainit

18. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

upload_2017-11-27_8-50-48.png

jim , what were these used for ?

19. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

An old friend raced the prewar IMCA fairground series..... This was his face mask.

Old Dawg and Dannerr like this.
  20. It happens when someone is to "inspect" other peoples belongings.
    I once went on vacation and took my waterski, yep, lost in airline luggage.
    I contacted the airline when it showed up missing, visited the baggage claims dept.
    When I made the claim and it was over $1000, the ski was located and delivered to the dock on Lake Mead later that day.
    I don't think they knew difference between A & B carb, probably just thought EBay quick buck to be made.

J

21. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

very cool jimski , thanks

22. callcoy

callcoy

TSA Problem
    I feel very fortunate that two women came to my rescue, they directly had nothing to do with it getting"Lost" but everything to do with me getting it back, I owe them!
    Steve

23. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

IMG_7966.jpg Finally had time to change cam gears, Bang,Bang,Bang!

24. Jiminy

Jiminy

25. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

NOT MANY SHOPPING DAYS LEFT GUYS......

Old Dawg, Crazydaddyo and Jiminy like this.
  26. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

joe , good on you ..................... steve