Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Found the perfect license frame for my "screwed up" Vette.

DSC00316.JPG

2. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Someone didn't dig the color pic of the '65 coupe I posted earlier and yanked
    it, so I'll take it upon myself to delete the b&w of the same car.

Well, apparently I can't delete my own stuff, so we're stuck with it. Crazy.

Aha, now the b&w shot is gone, too

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Well I was using up all the images I had stored but now I can sit for awhile and scored a few new Vette images for your enjoyment. :)

1.JPG

2mp.JPG

4mp.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

4. els

els

5. els

els

Thank you for more pics, I am pulling out my 62 corvette out of storage from the Arizona heat and getting ready for the drag reunion, and drag shows around Arizona. Keep pics coming.

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

How is this project going? did you start the straight axle yet?
    What about the other project?

els and loudbang like this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

7mp.JPG

8.JPG

11.JPG

1959 racer

59 racer.JPG

Alpine running Sock class

EDIT: from PBRmeASAP There is no special sock class it should read STOCK Class

Alpine STOCK.JPG

Moroso M/P

Moroso mp.JPG

Smokey Yunick's big brake restored

Smokey Yunick big brake.JPG

Tim Mcdonald M/P

Tim Mcdonald mp.JPG

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^ this last post had 8 pictures and only one like button. That is really stressing me out. I need 7 more people to like that one please so I can sleep tonight.

9. loudbang

loudbang

It's a conundrum alright. :confused: SOME (not all) post individual photos in the hopes of getting more "likes" than they would if multiple shots are in one post. Individual posts waste bandwidth but Ryan has never said anything on the subject.

It takes TIME to do them one by one as you have to wait I think it's like 25-30 seconds between posts so sometimes you have to sit there and wait for the time to pass and when you post like 30-40 photos a session those waiting moments would add up.

In your case I would like the long post and if a car in it caught my eye I would mention that in a reply. :)

10. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I'm one who generally posts one photo at a time. One, I post only photos that I have taken, not from
    magazines, books or other websites. That means when I run across something in my collection that
    I feel might be interesting I post it...Two, I couldn't care less about the number of "likes". Like most
    enthusiast sites (not just cars), the H.A.M.B. is, for the most part, one large clique with friends and
    acquaintances voting for each other. Piss poor photos get liked and good photos often get passed
    over...Three, I won't take the rap for taking up excessive bandwidth with the slim amount of photos
    I post. I have a kindly benefactor here at the H.A.M.B. who'll delete my pics for me...Finally, viewing
    eight or ten photos at a time can be a pain, especially when one type of vehicle is being shown. Too
    often I'll skim through them, quite possibly missing something I could find interesting.

jnaki, chevy57dude, els and 2 others like this.
  11. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

sweet ma brotha enloe-

els, enloe and loudbang like this.
  12. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

my 58- Sky Pilot-

Attached Files:

13. jimdillon

jimdillon

Rocky your 58 looks great-good to see you back posting here. As to the Crower cams special (looks like a 62) in the post above your 58 that would have been a good match race to witness. If you look behind his push car you can see Charlie Wilson's Vicious Vette (another good looking 58 by the way). Wish they had snapped a picture of the action on track. I wonder if either of these cars ever survived.

14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

You need to bring that JEWEL to Bowling Green this June and hang out with us again.
    Start planning now and it can happen:)

rocky larocca, els and loudbang like this.
  15. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Hey Jim how ya doing been a while--- life happens lol -been on the 30 A just finished painting today slow boat movin---Love my man Enloe

enloe, jimdillon, els and 1 other person like this.
  16. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

nice job with the threads Enloe--glad they recognizing the gassers now--Im still Dumb--And guess what i still cant raise anything but Hell lol thanks guys--site is cool !

enloe, jimdillon, els and 1 other person like this.
  17. jimdillon

jimdillon

Thought you guys may appreciate this. Gary Reynolds posted a larger shot of this picture of the cars lining up for the 1961 Winternats at Pomona. The picture is out of an article from the Hot Rod Network. There were a number of competitive Vettes at this meet including Mazmanian's new 61, which won class (AA/SP with a 109.96 top speed). I have read that Siroonian and Wade drove the car but not sure which ran when or if at all. The car went pretty deep into the Street Eliminator title runs going all the way to the finals of the Street Eliminator title (losing to Johnny Loper's B/G Willys).

When I cropped the larger pic, I kept the 56 Nomad tow car with the louvered hood. The Vette is a 58-60 blown car and am not sure who it is. The downbar would be a dead giveaway and it looks familiar but if I know who it is, the brain is not computing properly. Cool shot nevertheless. Putting a blower on a relatively new car shows the owner wanted to have fun and go fast.

upload_2017-11-4_8-55-31.jpeg

Here is the full picture from Hot Rod Network-there is another Vette in the picture-not sure of the year appears to have a 1958-1960 nose with a 61 grill possibly??
    upload_2017-11-4_8-57-7.jpeg

18. elgringo71

elgringo71

Rocky, you have made some progress on the 58. It's got the look. Glad to see you posting again

19. elgringo71

elgringo71

Jim, it looks like who ever he was he was serious about going fast with the Blower on a fairly new car. I enjoy seeing pictures of the Corvettes that were drag cars in the early days and there aren't many period pictures of most of them. It's kind of a lost era other than the information on race winners with their speed and ET

Sky Pilot, els, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  20. jimdillon

jimdillon

Jason it is a lost era. Some of us though are doing what we can on forums etc to help it not be totally lost. Thing is that every time I see a picture like this I regret not seeing it run but it brings back great memories of seeing a good number of old Vettes when they did run back in the 60s (SP, MSP, and gas) and early 70s (gas and MP).

The bad thing about the age of that photo is that I realize that I am older than that-Oh the horror of it all.

21. elgringo71

elgringo71

22. loudbang

loudbang

Sent to me from Bangkok Dean

Dick Moroso

1510116600268.jpg

23. wingnutz, loudbang and els like this.
  24. loudbang

loudbang

:)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OK you got me. Fixed

25. loudbang

loudbang

Sent to me by Bangkok Dean

from dean (1).jpg

from dean (3).jpg

from dean (4).jpg

26. 32Rules

32Rules

Great picture found 3 59 El caminos side by side
    A 32 vicky
    56-57 corvette
    Just lots of cool stuff in that picpp

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang, enloe and els like this.
  27. jimdillon

jimdillon

32 Rules I agree but there are some other cool cars as well; 60 Starliner, 57 Ranchero and of course the Nomad. The more you look the more you see. I wonder how many of these cars survive. It is southern California so you can hope for the best.

32Rules, loudbang and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  28. EL MOE

EL MOE

IMG_1594.JPEG IMG_1594.JPEG IMG_1592.JPEG IMG_1595.JPEG IMG_1591.JPEG IMG_1590.JPEG

29. Here's one being brought back to life, saw it a couple weeks ago at GG Pleasanton. 58.jpg

30. loudbang

loudbang

From Bangkok Dean

running B/A
    from dean (1)BA.jpg