Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TWEETY BIRD, JIM GOVRO'S BEAUTIFUL CHANNELED 32 ROADSTER RETURNS AFTER 50 YEARS, KERVILLE DRAGS

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Tweety's Resurrection, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Another cool pic when George Walker still owned "Tweety" circa 1970's

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Great day an Duncan's!! Picked up a Olds rearend for Tweety. Austin Customs is going to do the paint on Tweety. Rodney Austin owner of Austin Customs is a life long friend and makes this project more so heart felt. The circle of this story is growing so fast. The car show in Drippin a few weeks ago proved that time and chance interlocked this story to be as great as it can be. Now 83 years old, Jim may be behind the wheel of his Tweety in a year. Hope to share some pics soon.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    kiwijeff, Stogy, 31chevymike and 4 others like this.
  3. elgringo71

elgringo71

Congratulations, that is fantastic news

4. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Great story, really glad that its all coming together for you and Jim

5. IMG_4095.JPG IMG_4099.JPG IMG_4102.JPG IMG_4104.JPG IMG_4108.JPG

6. It's been such a GREAT DAY!!!!! Houston, the bird has landed. Tweety has a new home for a while. Rex Rods & Chassis has graciously donated their labor,time and shop to restore Tweety. We loaded the bird and moved him into their shop today. Keith, Rudy, and Jeff have the same passion for building car masterpieces today as Jim had while building Tweety in the 1950's. This is what dreams are made of and I'm just along for the ride of a life time. So much of this story is by time and chance, or is it? Here are some pics of today

31chevymike and Stogy like this.
  8. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

83 years old pulling a rear end ! If that doesn't give you inspiration, what will !

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  9. IMG_4199.JPG IMG_4199.JPG IMG_4204.JPG IMG_4215.JPG IMG_4219.JPG IMG_4223.JPG IMG_4226.JPG IMG_4229.JPG IMG_4231.JPG IMG_4233.JPG IMG_4236.JPG IMG_4248.JPG IMG_4260.JPG IMG_4265.JPG IMG_4269.JPG IMG_4272.JPG IMG_4273.JPG IMG_4276.JPG IMG_4279.JPG IMG_4281.JPG Looking forward on the road ahead!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    beegator, deluxester, D-Russ and 15 others like this.
  10. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Up for the after dinner rush ...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. IMG_4175.JPG IMG_4181.JPG IMG_4182.JPG IMG_4184.JPG Here are some pics from Austin Texas with Tweet

12. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is fantastic! I am really looking forward to seeing this car come back together at the hands of the talented crew at Rex Rods. It is so awesome that Jim Govro is going to be able to witness the resurrection of his pride and joy! I'm so happy for everyone involved!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  13. I don't know what kind of shape the Cadillac mill is in, but I've got a 1960 390 that I just tore apart, the block needs a bore, but the heads are nice. I'd donate the whole thing as a parts engine if someone could come to Fort Worth to get it.

14. 31chevymike

31chevymike

That's a great offer Dan, but I would hope many feel here on the HAMB that the original Caddy mill should be gone through completely (if able) to preserve the car's history and significance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

[​IMG]

THIS RULES... haha. I love this pic.

I saw there was a gofundme on IG for this? Please share the link as I would love to donate and support the effort/ my friends in Texas. :) :) So RAD thanks for posting the old pics, the pic with the cowboy hats sitting on the road RULES...
    [​IMG]

HOW ITS DONE... :p

D-Russ, Hank37, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Couldn’t be in better hands!

31chevymike likes this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I think it’s

Www.gofundme.com/tweety

Also the caddy engine he has now was picked up from dreadybear and is not the original as far as I know

chryslerfan55 and 31chevymike like this.
  18. Ha! I totally thought of you when I saw the Prius pic! So good!

chryslerfan55, Tuck and 31chevymike like this.
  19. Well this makes my heart sing! Keith and crew will totally make this happen! And being a local shop makes it perfect!! I cant wait to see it at LSRU 2018! No pressure. -nick

20. A Great Big Howdy To You!! Long time since we have seen ya. Jim says hi too. We just keep on meeting great guys on our path like you Nick. Hope to see you too there.

chryslerfan55 and 31chevymike like this.
  21. 31chevymike

31chevymike

It's going to be GREAT to see the guys at Rex Rod and Chassis cut down the body and match the channeling like the nose! Wasn't sure if I saw a post on the Caddy mill - is the engine going back in, the original mill or a replacement?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. Keith has found a 1951 caddy that will be the heart of Tweety. Rex Rods crew are looking at all our photo's to put it back the way it was in 1957-58 nut,bolt, wiring,ect.. Jim is my stepdad, super emotional for this guy who said he was just a punk kid with a car. This story is not just a car and it's builder. In these troubling times we live in we need a feel good story. This is about America and what makes it great. A young man and his idea of cool in the 50's.. A young father that gave up his car to pay for the delivery for his first child. Now the story is about to come full circle for my papa Jim. How American is this. God bless everyone that's taking apart of Resurrect Tweety. 58NatsEntry009_8mmfilmPt24m19s.jpg

D-Russ, hotrodtom, Hank37 and 10 others like this.
  23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man I bet his eyes about popped out of his head walking into Keith’s shop. For some one, who you’ve mentioned, has been super particular about how the car should be handled and put back together I’m sure seeing his lay out had to put him at ease about it and then excited him about it!

24. staying tuned on this great thread !

31chevymike likes this.
  25. Friday was a long and winding road. I drove close to 400 miles trying to track down the guy who Jim sold Tweety to in 1962. I found him!!!!! George shared stories and pics with me, and he trusted me with some more pics to scan. On the wall of his office was a framed issue of Rod and Restyling magazine with Tweety on the cover. He also gave me the V 8 embalm that was on the light bar.

26. elgringo71

elgringo71

Fantastic news, I'm looking forward to hearing more of the story and seeing the pictures

volvobrynk and 31chevymike like this.
  27. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Cant wait to see it back togather.

31chevymike likes this.
  28. Here are a few pics from George!! Tweety765.jpg Tweety760.jpg