Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone in or near Charleston, SC?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheeldog57, Nov 11, 2017.

1. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I am going to be in town for a wedding black Friday. Looking for some rusty gold. . .model a, 32-34 Ford stuff. PM me please. Thanx, Ron

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Maybe you know of some places I can check out while I'm down there? Thanx for any responses, leads.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Several Hambers are in the Charleston area,not a good place to look for parts. HRP

AVater likes this.
  4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is definitely not a giant stash of rust free sheet metal in this area. Salt air and lots of humidity aren't very friendly to old cars. Thee is also not a giant hot rod culture either. There are a few of us that go to Hot Rod Lunch every Saturday and that is about it. You are more than welcome to come visit while you are here.

Charleston is a great place to live and an even better place to visit. Lots of neat historic stuff and touristy stuff to do. The weather is usually still pretty decent for Thanksgiving also. There is a pretty good chance you can sit on the beach and watch dolphins swim around while your buddys back in Haverhill Mass are shoveling snow and freezing their asses off.

Have fun, -Abone.

wheeldog57 and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I did a quick Craigslist search. You guys are right- not much happening but I thought I'd put feelers out there. . .

6. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

So, does anyone have any early tin they are looking to sell?

7. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

8. Like Abone said. Not tons of stuff sitting around down here. My buddy Chris has some '32 wire wheels for sale. Is there anything specific your looking for? Hot rod lunch is usually a good time if you can make it.

9. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I was hoping to find some sheet metal. 28-34 ford. Coupe quarters specifically. . .