Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods willys jeep cracked block

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikespain, Nov 12, 2017.

1. mikespain

mikespain

Hi all from sunny spain,
    New to here, saw a thread from 2010 about repairing cracks in willys jeep blocks but have not seen anything about the problem with this one.I have been asked to help a freind who has a willys which the block has a crack between the cylinder bore and the exhaust valve port,-my question is -has anyone else had/seen this problem and if so what sort of repair worked.can it be Just welded and resurfaced and rebored?thanks for any help

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Do you have any repair shops that deal with machinery repairs? My thought is an industrial machine shop would have experience dealing with cast iron repairs.

Ray

3. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Usually the crack is welded or stitched and a new seat installed along with a cylinder sleeve. Depends on the severity of the crack. Iron stitch is a common cold repair.

4. tractorguy

tractorguy

I have had several Willys over the years, but have never had to do any major engine work in the area you describe. A really good place to look would be www.ewillys.com

Good luck

5. paleot

paleot
    from louisiana

Go on the Willys CJ2A web sites, lots of good blocks and some decent running engines show up there. Don't know which block you have be sure to specify gear or chain drive cam.