Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Feedback on an insurance carrier.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skinnydennis, Nov 10, 2017.

1. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

I just finished my '32 build and am going to need to insure the car. I have insurance through American Collector Car now on my '48 and it is an agreed upon value policy. I think the premiums are a little steep so I want to look at other options such as Grundy and Hagerty. I would like to hear what you fellow Hambers have to say. roadster.jpg

2. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Grundy is good , Hagerty too

deucemac likes this.
  3. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I am using Hagerty for two cars. I made one towing claim last summer and they performed good service for that. The cost of insurance is definitely lower than I was paying before for an agreed value policy through Safeco. I pay the same for the two cars as I was paying for one.

BTW there have been a few threads on this subject already,so if you get few responses it because this has been well hashed over in the past.

hotrodharry2 likes this.
  4. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Good lookin Roadster! I use Hagerty have had them over 20 years and with a couple minor claims with good results and service. I have had to use the roadside towing service a couple times too with excellent results. Joe

Driver50x likes this.

5. partssaloon

partssaloon

I've had Grundy for 20 years, I have 4 insured with them and the rates are good. I've had one claim and it was a pleasure to deal with them.

6. I use Grundy, I am very happy with their service.

7. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I have Grundy on both my cars. I had a claim in June and I had a check in two weeks and my rates did not go up. Can't ask for more than that.

8. All the big names in collector car insurance are good and premiums vary from one company to the next.

I have been a happy customer of ANPAC for several years,they also offer a very reasonable policy for a car under construction. HRP

9. Hagerty for me on my '59 Ford is about $430 a year, 6000 miles, agreed on value of $25k and I pretty much drive it on a daily basis.

10. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

These are yearly premiums right? if your policy started near the same time, you may have to wait a year to see if they jacked it up.
    I`m ready to put the 52 on the road and been researching grundy- hagarty.
    Grundy seems to be too inexpensive to be true. Get what ya pay for type deal when/if a claim happens?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  11. Just signed up with grundy this year, so far happy with them.

12. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Nice looking car. I have used Heacock in Fl for all my cars for years and they have treated me very well.

13. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

I too have been a satisfied customer with ANPAC for many years .... After an incident last summer turned into a sizeable/challenging claim, I could not be more pleased as to the way it was handled ...VERY-VERY good people to work with ..Very professional ,understanding & actually concerned people that had our satisfaction in mind every step of the way ....

egads likes this.
  14. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I've had Hagerty for 20 years, up to 3 cars at one time. Always great service. Had 1 major claim and it was no hassle and handled quick. I've had minor towing claims, never a problem. I'd wouldn't go anywhere to save, I'd pay more for Hagerty if it went higher.

15. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AAA Classic car has been good to me.

16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Been with Grundy about 10 years, 2 cars most of the time. Been happy with them so far.

17. zzford

zzford

I found Grundy to be top notch and significantly cheaper than Hagerty.

18. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

There's no cut-and-dry answer. I've insured with both, currently insured with Grundy, and the lowest premiums bounce between them both depending upon the specific vehicle.
    What I do like, is I insure with both of them from the comfort of my laptop. No Agent involved.

19. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

It's all smiles and back patting till you have a claim those are the stories that need to be heard

Fitty Toomuch and lonejacklarry like this.
  20. JimSibley

JimSibley

I
    Own a body shop, and both Hagerty and grundy are great. If you use a standard insurance company, you will be disappointed when your classic gets hurt.

21. Gman0046

Gman0046

Bobss396, Your Hagerty $430 premium seems pretty high for a 25K agreed value. My Grundy policy is a little over $200 a year cheaper for 32K agreed value.

22. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

ANPAC here. No claims to report so far.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

23. 3 cars on Grundy. Great rates. Haven’t had a claim and hope I never do.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. Joe H

Joe H

Grundy for 18 years, no claim, but easy to work with, price in the low $200 for 32K value. I to hope to never use them!

25. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Grundy here as well.

26. Hagerty, always have treated me well.... Had hit and run in off topic classic car...Sent pictures of the damage and a fair estimate of repair... handled it fast ...car was repaired with a week.. Just changed my policy to day... deleted by 51 Woodie and added my 36 3w coupe today... sent pictures and received new insurance cards for it less than 10 minutes..great customer service

27. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Kentucky is a whole different World than New York! And Vehicles insure for varied amounts.
    My Premiums will vary widely, depending upon which City I garage the vehicle in, in the same State!
    Currently, I'm paying $125 for $10k coverage on my '49 Chevy.

28. Gman0046

Gman0046

Not sure I even had to send pictures of my latest project the 63 Impala to Grundy. I'm paying just about the same as Joe H.

29. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I have had Heacock for years, met the owner at The HRR in BG a few years back, nice guy.
    Yesterday I changed to Hagerty because the underwriter for Heacock has changed. They also changed the policy's wording in a number of places which made me uncomfortable.
    Hagerty was easy to deal with, just a little more expensive, but with better coverage!
    KK

30. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Premiums can vary from state to state, along with vehicle value, driving record, what kind of coverage, storage etc, so the only way to know for sure is to contact several companies and get an agreed value quote. That said, Grundy is a good choice.