Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. jim snow

jim snow

Well deserved. Congrats. Snowman

Dog_Patch, loudbang and Higgy's Henry like this.
  2. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

My Hero !!!!
    and i knew him when he was just Tony :)

Tudor, Floater03, Dog_Patch and 2 others like this.
  3. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Dog_Patch, loudbang and Higgy's Henry like this.
  4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Damn right it is well derved, Tonybusted his ass to getto the track several different times this season, and BTW Kim deserves some credit on this too. Gotta be wonderful to have a wife support you like she has supported Tony since the beginning on this car.

Tudor, Hang'emHigh, Floater03 and 8 others like this.
  5. Now that the racing is done, I need to stop over more often! Josh sold that digger so he's on the hunt for another build ya know.

Yeah she would see me sitting on the couch and say "Is you car ready? Why are you sitting around?" :eek:

Check this shot from Brad Christ there's a lot going on here.

23405717_1787904397918419_3254510817628938001_o.jpg

mad mikey, Tudor, Hang'emHigh and 6 others like this.
  6. And the 2017 finals video is out:

7. You definitely deserved that you put in way more hrs than I would have that's for sure. Great work tony

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Tony here is the valve spring tool i was talking about. I got it from wizzards warehouse. They also sell a tool that screws into the spark plug hole and attatches to a air line. It also works for leaking the engine. Our tool is modified in several ways. We lengthened the handle for more leverage. We also grind a flat on the ring that goes on top of the spring. This is for shaft clearance. The hooks sometimes need a little attention. Were the hook slides into the handle we make a notch for the roll pin to lock into. Wear safety glasses. I have changed springs by myself but it works better with two people. No more needing to pull a head. 20171111_153533.jpg 20171111_153517.jpg 20171111_153510.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  9. Man I like that! Does the rocker arm need to be slid over to the side first? It looks like it needs clear access to the valve retainer.

10. i remove the pushrod and slide the rocker. i use missles and the tool fits. depending on the fit i have also used a small pry bar with the tool to center it over the spring. it takes a few times to get the hang of it.

11. Looks like we lost some posts but in any case - @3dnsouth was working on his 2018 SEG car so I tried to lend a hand. He's building the tilt front end hardware in aluminum and using a TIG on aluminum. Then on the way home there was another money sink hole .....

image1.jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image1 (2).jpeg

12. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Lost a few posts?! A few large posts. Maybe you exceeded the memory usage for 1 thread with all the good stuff on here! Rock on and let us know what you buy from the sale.

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

What's the story on the red 63?

loudbang likes this.
  14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Go online to site mentioned on the sign for details.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  15. You can see the list of cars on here. I don't know anything about it, roped off. This place has always had a pile of cars in the yard - 10 years I've been driving by anyway.
    http://jeffdobson.com/upauctions/index.html

16. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

I knew that guy " James Hyde" One mean son of a gun, was told the good stuff was already gone.

Hang'emHigh, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  17. Wow - that guy had some stuff! Would be cool to go ride over and check out.

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

What's the story on anything new since the last post of 12/07/17? I know Tony has been busy, what with Kim's surgery and recuperation, but did anyone go to that auction or anything else on this thread since Josh's post 12/7/17? Or is the post locked again?

19. jim snow

jim snow

Paging Mr. Dog_Patch!

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm aware that Tony is very busy with his wife's surgery and recuperation, but I was beginning to think the thread had been locked again it has been so long since anyone posted!o_O
    And for some reason my screen didn't show my post as bringing the thread back to the top:confused:

Dog_Patch likes this.
  21. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Hope his wife is doing OK.

22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Yes lets pray everything is okay.

23. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

X3

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I talked on phone to Tony and Kim a couple days ago. She's had some rather extensive surgery, and is definitely incapacitated for a good while yet, but she is recuperating. Tony just has his hands full trying to work, keep house, look after Kim and deal with about 6 or 7 dogs also.
    I'm sure he's as busy as a cat covering up shit on a tin roof.

25. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Ditto, hope all is well on the home front for Tony and Kim. Get well soon Crew Chief!

26. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for the crewchief! Its been exactly 30 days since the surgery and she can't lift a gallon of water yet, but its expected, she's getting better. Yeah I found out how much stuff she does around here LOL I'm doing it all now and working. But still find some time to get out :

Tim's annual Sock Fucker Competition ....
    IMG_0127.JPG
    We didn't drink the Old Charter - that ended badly last time.
    IMG_0131.JPG
    Then the annual beard contest
    IMG_0134.JPG
    Got the new oil pump from Missile

IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0234.JPG
    Uses a Small Block Mopar pump drive
    IMG_0235.JPG
    Jack still working on his go cart. I found a new 392 block - not new 1957 new -

IMG_0251.JPG
    Jeffy and Josh helping to return Russ' borrowed 392

IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0303.JPG
    Jeffy spooning a baby doll

IMG_0304.JPG

Nick decorating his shop!

IMG_0309.JPG

And a party at Carl's
    IMG_0318.JPG IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0320.JPG IMG_0321.JPG IMG_0322.JPG

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Looks like yall had some fun while I was in VA. Hated to miss it all but sometimes you gotta consider family. Had hoped to have that annual reunion at sister's house at Thanksgiving, but nephew in Army couldn't get away from desert training on Mojave Desert then, and he is being posted to Korea in Feb.
    Next time we all get together will have to tell yall about the trip and the visit to a friend's shop up there who is building a damn serious land speed racer for B'ville.

On edit: It's an XO/PP class '62 "unibody" Ford p'up w/ 262+cid I-6 in the 600 hp range, all sorts of goodies.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  29. jim snow

jim snow

Thanks for the update Tony. We hope the crew chief has an easy recovery. You gotta autograph my copy of Hot Rod. Snowman