Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The return of the Whitedevil coupe build!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WhiteDevil, Jun 25, 2017.

1. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

The Whitedevil Coupe build is back from the dead. I started building a 31 coupe is 09' and had to sell it prior to completion to get a house at the beach. I had a couple cars in between and have been looking for another coupe for some time. I came across one and the rest is history. Car actually runs but needs a TON of work to make it what I want. Has 4 bar, 350, etc and was heading in a direction that I'm not going to support. I see this as a save and the Whitedevil coupe will learn to be thankful. I am super pumped to build it with my 5 and 9 yr old boys who are very into hotrods. I'm building the car that i've always wanted and am going to make it as true to the old "whitedevil" coupe (with some changes) as I can. I'm going for a 60's drag style coupe and will use as many old speed parts as I can afford. It all started with a pretty decent body and frame out of Iowa. Did 24 hours up and 24 hour straight back with the help of my pops for half of it before dropping him back at his farm in Tenn. Couldn't have made the drive that fast with him and boy was it a heck of a drive....
    The car needs a bunch of work and was heading in a street rod direction with weld wheels , 4 bar front, and the list goes on and on. However, most of the stuff that is done will be "redone" or replaced. I was pumped about the clear title and decent body. So the question is where am I at so far...I haven't started doing much work on it yet as I promised my sons that I would wait until they got back (with the exceptions of part ordering and pickups) next week from vacation at the grandparents. So like I said going with a 60's drag look. If you remember the old Whitedevil build thread than you know that chrome reverses are on the menu without question...(already arrived) 560 Firestones upfront and Towel City Pie-Crust Cheaters (waiting to be made) out back.
    It currently has a 350 but that will be replaced with either a 283 or 327 that I will build with my boys. Dipped driveshaft headers and on the way from Geardrive, a pair of 9 fin original cal customs are on the way from a very cool gentleman who has had them since new in 69'. New chrome wishbones arrived yesterday so I can redo the front suspension along with some chrome components for the rear suspension....
    Have some other stuff on the way and just picked up and incredible original piece yesterday that was a 4.5 hour roundtrip drive but well worth it! Pumped to be back....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    kidcampbell71, waxhead and Stogy like this.
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Pics didn't show up.

3. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

That work? Album photos were showing private...

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Better.

WhiteDevil likes this.

5. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Did a quick shot down to central Florida to grab a big part of my 60's style build....wooo son.

Attached Files:

rjones35 and Barrelnose pickup like this.
  6. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Picked up some 9 fin Cal Customs in chrome. Should fit the build just fine. Older gentlemen that I got them from said he's been the original owner since 68-69. Pretty cool to know some of the history on parts and pieces.

Attached Files:

7. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Want to make sure that the pictures I'm posting on this build are showing up...Can you let me know if you are seeing them please? Couple guys said they couldn't see pics. Have some driveshaft style lake headers coming from Geardrive! Matt has been great to work with. Also had a bunch of the front and rear suspension components show up for switching the front from 4 bar to chrome hairpins.

Attached Files:

8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I see the pics. Looks like its gonna be a cool build.

9. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

It looks like it's going to be really cool. You sure not wasting any time getting on it

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Finally got the pictures to upload right...

11. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

What's going on with the build? Any updates

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.