Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What update's or repairs to your hot rod will you do over the winter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 24, 2017.

1. The 51 gets a front suspension rebuild,. The urethane bushings were worn out of a 20 years old Chubby Chassis setup, having trouble finding replacement bushings. A bit of rust repair. Frenched headlights and a new 15 tooth ‘54 Chevy grill, and maybe more.

The ‘29 cabriolet is not getting any work this winter except some carb tuning. ...maybe a head replacement. ...got a Thomas finned aluminum head on order. It will need a little polishing first.

2. bchctybob

bchctybob

It was so damned hot here all summer that I didn't get all that much accomplished, glad it's over.
    The short list goes something like this; Install a cage in the Austin gasser along with some new tin for the firewall/front floor/trans tunnel, then install new seats and muffler system.
    Re-do the top chop on my '33 pu then take it apart and finish the chassis so I can paint and assemble it in the spring. Assemble the 324 Olds Rocket, it's at the machine shop right now.
    Continue tidying up and tweaking on the old '28 highboy I bought, (that's what the Olds is for - eventually).
    Eternally ongoing tasks; continue to clean, tune and tweak on my '56 210 and the wife's '62 Corvair Monza.
    Gonna be a long winter.....

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd be real happy if anything on my projects wound up in primer by spring time.

Bob

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Damn, I like that! Loved the old comp coupes.

5. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Going to try a hi-torque starter in the coupe. The motor is an L-48 from a '70 Nova so it was the last year for 10 to 1 compression as the rest of the 70s were detune central. When it gets hot, it can sometimes be a bear to start. Would love to put some louvers in the inner fender panels to disappate some heat but shoulda done that when I had it repainted a couple of years ago.

6. Clean the garage out...install a new propane heater...soon...Car stuff... finish the cowl mount steering unit.......finish dashboard and winshield area...and save some cash...

Attached Files:

Hombre likes this.
  7. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

I'll probably , just take a look at it

8. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

finish the damned SBC in my avatar, then buy something to put it in, then fix whatevers wrong with that.

9. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Since I built both my 40 Ford Coupe and my 49 Chevy Pickup I will do safety inspections as I do every year on the drive train, undercarriage, brakes, hoses, belts etc. etc. replace and repair as required.

Hombre likes this.
  10. JimSibley

JimSibley

IMG_1292.JPG The 32 is getting a blower grind roller cam, heavier clutch, some aftermarket axles, and a bigger radiator. I want an 11.9 time slip and I want to drive it to the track.

11. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

hoping to have my engine swap done over Christmas break and take my first drive in the 57 before new years. it's also getting new tires and brakes.