Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Who ran down to an auction just outside of town, & ended up with a model A sedan delivery? This guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abonecollector, Nov 5, 2017.

1. About a month ago, I went to an auction about a half hour from my front door. I'd seen the listing months before, & it looked like it had some interesting cars & parts.
    It rained like hell on the early morning drive, but stopped when I got there.
    They started in on two farm wagons with household crap, then split into two rings, one on farm equipment, the other on cars & parts. About 60% of the crowd followed the "first" ring to all the farm stuff. Which left myself & a few friends of mine to go to town on model A's ,T's, B trucks, frames, doors, 32 heavy axles, 4 bangers, & a 67 impala that was probably shoveled away. (Titus was out of town which meant no serious competition)
    Good thing it was so close, I had to make three trips back to collect all my finds. One of which was the side panels for a 29 sedan delivery. Buried between a model a pick up box ($50) & a pile of Tudor sedan panels ($25 enough to build two).
    My buddy ended up with a one ton A cab/chassis for $450- the delivery door was laying on the back of that, I traded a tudor back panel for that.

Attached Files:

spurgeonforge, Paul B, pat59 and 16 others like this.
  2. Sounds like prices were fair. Good deal.

3. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Livin' up to your name....great finds.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. manyolcars

manyolcars

"a 67 impala that was probably shoveled away" What does that mean?

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Use your imagination. He probably means that it was so rusty that you could load it with a shovel.

6. uncle buck

uncle buck

What a great score!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Just curious as to where in Minnesota was this auction???

8. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably southwest of the cities; the original door lettering on a couple of the trucks says "Mound" and "Norwood".

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmmmm rusty vintage tin...Good on you guys....That's a pretty rare model in Model A and a desirable one at that...perfect for the part runs. Good to see it auctioned where there's a chance of resurrection.

10. A score like that would make me feel like a lottery winner. Model A SD is a dream car, cool!

11. Just going to a Auction with that amount of vintage tin would be like winning lotto where we are!!Practically fields of unobtainium.

12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Previewed that auction on Friday with a buddy but had other plans for Saturday and didn't go.
    Looked to be some good stuff.

13. Deuces

Deuces

I love vintage door art....

14. ...I'd say your luckiest part was that Titus was out of town !!!!

15. yep. rusty as hell

16. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

wow, looks like great piles of stuff and decent prices. I always miss those auctions. I get to the piles of crap selling for gold

17. Squablow

Squablow

Cool stuff! The door lettering is great. Hope you guys can build some cars/trucks out of that stuff, glad it was saved.

18. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I love a good auction and that looks like a good one!

19. the auction was in Cologne, a little town SW of Mpls.

20. you would have hated the auction i went to about ten or twelve years ago. The guy had so much stuff accumulated for over 70 years, they had to run the auction two summers in a row. 1940's up the first year. 1940's down the second. I filled my garage with so much stuff (model a sheet metal, king bee's, cheater slicks, 16" kelseys, etc) & prices were good at that auction too.

21. alchemy

alchemy

I remember the auction of a lifetime about 20 years ago in a town west of the Cities, maybe called Watertown? The guy had a hundred cars, and a warehouse full of parts. So many 32's it made our heads spin. Dad came home with two tudors that day, and we filled the truck full of parts.