Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wear your glasses

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Nov 3, 2017.

1. For years my father wore a pair of coke bottle thick glasses, always had them on. We took him to an optometrist to see if anything else would work for him. After the examination the optometrist told us that his eye sight was fine, he didn't need glasses and that the glasses were magnifiers for reading small print.

2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

And to the other point. Safety. I for one would probably have only one eye if I hadn't been for having safety glasses on.
    About the '70s the Phone Co. started requiring all of us in the shop to wear them. Some fought it. Some guys wouldn't wear them or wear them on their forehead and the like. I didn't fight it I just wore them. It wasn't very dangerous working Teletype Machines but I had to take a piece down to the machine shop to have a spot weld redone. You can probably figure out the rest, Yes when the probes came together it spit sparks at my right eye and put three of four spots on the safety glasses. It was so fast I didn't have a chance to blink and I watched three or four more pass my face.

Rebel

We haven't heard from any of those that go around looking at the world through fuzzy eyes. Their must be a reason.

Texas36 and Stogy like this.
  3. roundvalley

roundvalley

I wish I could find hearing aids at the Dollar Store!

tommyd likes this.
  4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Me too. They want $7000.00 dollars for mine. Ima
    live with it for now!

5. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I had it done 17 years ago. Never looked back. It was the best thing I had ever did for my self.

Very easy procedure and only took about five minutes per eye.

Two weeks later and I was sitting in Iraq as my troops were calling me "Eagle Eye".

You'll be surprised.

Get it done!

6. roundvalley

roundvalley

Check out Costco and save alot of money!

pat59 likes this.
  7. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

With a -11 diopter prescription, there’s nothing cheap.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.
  8. k9racer

k9racer

My eyes got so bad I was not able to read the big E on the top of eye chart. Upon turning 65 I had the catarac surgery Now I do not need glasses to read and my welds are a lot better. I felt like I was given a gift of sight. First stop was the welding supply store. I ordered 96 pair of saftey glasses. I have them in trucks and all over the shop. The other nice thing is you can use the tinted safe glass for sun protection. These glasses are less than 4 dollars a pair..

pat59 and Stogy like this.
  9. Hardcase, scary even, haha.

Some of you know I poke holes in people, inserting pigment for a living. Nearly ten years ago, I noticed I was going over lines, not connecting well and stuff. Got some glasses, and was amazed at the difference. Thing is, it's a slow progressive thing, so you don't notice at first. A friend who welds for a living, told me a few years ago, at age 42, he was going to have to stop welding as he was having trouble seeing the welds. I put him on to glasses, and it sure made a difference for him.

Dino 64 and Stogy like this.
  10. Costco 2500.00 a pair

tommyd likes this.
  11. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

12. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I feel like I’m at work

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  13. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Had cataract surgery on the 5th of last month.What a difference.The right won`t need doing as it has been non functional since I was 16.I use readers for up close(2.00).Distance vision is outstanding.Can read a license tag at 50 feet now.Helped with the girl watching too.Hey,I might be old.I`m NOT dead:rolleyes::p.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

kiwijeff and pat59 like this.
  14. You know its time to see the eye doctor when you're considering the Stewart-Warner braille gauges and talking to your local auto glass installer about a 5.25+ windshield prescription.

kiwijeff and pat59 like this.