Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Screwed up...stupid question??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 16ozSchlitzMan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. I was welding my shock tabs on a bone and I did it on the wrong side of the bone......can I switch the bones from one side of the axle to the other??.......These are original 32 bones...I'm not sure of this...they seem to be interchangeable...

2. Photo's help.

BTW,leave those 16 oz. Schlitz alone while working. :D HRP

Hollywood-East likes this.
  3. It was a Coors..that's why it happened..lol

Hombre and Fordors like this.
  4. Fordors

Fordors

When you consider how many wishbones have been split over the years and how they were used, removed and reused by who knows how many people it’s doubtful they were always kept on the same side.
    I wouldn’t worry about it.

5. These are the bones the one on the left is tacked...so I thought I could take them off and re-postion the shock tabs ...and then put it on the other side of the car....( on the driver side...it was on the passenger side.) So I'm asking can you switch the bones from side to side.OR do they fit only on one side.... IMG_2299.jpg

Hombre likes this.

6. Thanks that is what I thought....been out of the garage for 2 years..bad hips and knees (new ones now) so I'm back working on the 28...it's been nearly 7 years since I started it.....time flies..

7. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Simple answer...
    Have you tried...swapping sides...to see how well it might work ?

Mike

49ratfink likes this.
  8. Yes....I did change them....they went on good....took some mic measurements for the hell of it and these are both the same size...

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California