Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1959 El Camino question......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Nov 3, 2017.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

I have a complete set of side trim.... fender, door, and rear qt. trim.....will it fit all 2 doors---2 dr hardtops, 2 dr sedans, 2 dr wagons--- or is there some type of difference?????

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. oldolds

oldolds

I think you will find the El Camino is a bit longer than a 2 dr car. If they made 2 dr wagons it should fit them also. I only think this because the rear quarter patch panels for a car are too short for an El Camino or wagon.

3. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Front fenders are the same as all BelAirs, doors are same as 2 door BelAirs, I think rears are different lengths than 2 door cars. I will measure my Elco and post later.

BTW there were not many hardtops that used that style of trim, a BelAir hardtop is an odd duck.

Torkwrench likes this.
  4. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Thanks for the info.......

5. Toner283

Toner283

As has been said, the fender and door trim will interchange. The quarter panel spears are elcamino and 2 door wagon specific.

belair likes this.
  6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

That one quarter spear looks longer than the other.....
    I always notice the close resemblance of this trim to the 55 bel air trim

7. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

El Camino quarter trim is 89 1/8" long. I have to look at another car for the BelAir length.

8. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

both are the same size....89 1/8 inches long....and they are for sale.....I have some small dings to fix....then they will be posted for sale.....

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I have to laugh. Years ago there was a salvage yard outside of Nashville that time forgot. Friend of mine found it and was buying several cars out of it. Most were complete. I found a 59 Bel Air with side trim on it.I have an El camino, There was a 4"diameter tree grown right next to trim.Up Against it.I had only screwdriver with me. I worked for hours getting that trim off that car. Getting my Much slimmer body (then)between the tree and part of body so i could pry it off. Finally got it off. Friend comes over pops hood and low and behold a tri power olds motor in car.Pop trunk original hubcaps and Tenn tag from 1964.Guy had the towing buiz for city of Nashville for years. Anyway got trim home and ... What the hell.About 3" longer. never did put that trim on.Still in rafters.lol. Forgot what year that was, But it was the day Roy Orbinson died. Got a lot of neat stories about that old yard.

10. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

As are the quarter panels themselves. Years ago, I bought a pair of NOS 1/4's for a 59 2 door. However, they were slightly different in length from each other. The driver's side was for a 2 dr. sedan / convert / 2 door ht. The pass. side was for an El Camino or a 2 door wagon.