Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Brian Bass on Fast & Loud

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xracer40, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Total power outage due to a storm,so I missed the show, hope to find the rerun. Bob

2. Yes, the Monkeypecker is unfortunate. But I see it as a tribute to the 554 coupe, along with the paint color. I applaud Brian for that.

ls1yj, chryslerfan55, HEMI32 and 5 others like this.
  3. Gas Monkey is liked by some..hated by others...Check out Richards net worth...He is doing something right..But am glad the "Master Mechanic" is leaving the show..Maybe Brian will replace Aaron...

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  4. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

As expected , not enough 34 and two much Richard. lol Very nice job that Brian and the other 'monkeys' did , looking forward to next weeks show. Larry

chryslerfan55, loudbang and 56shoebox like this.
  5. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Thanks for the "insider" pictures. Very cool build. Do you know how many degrees he raked the A column back?

loudbang likes this.
  6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is a lot easier to get your business off-the-ground when your multimillionaire childhood best friend fronts you all of the capital you need.

loudbang likes this.
  7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Got to see the rerun of the Brian Bass built Coupe, good show better than most. It was also good to see the painter stand up and tell Richard quality paint work takes time.

Bob

8. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

This is absolutely true!
    I have worked in documentary film making in the past. Had a team mate that was a reality TV producer.
    He shared the reality TV BS line with me because that is what the networks feel they need to retain an audience.
    A few years later The company I work for was approached by the Discovery channel. I am an anchor boat captain in the offshore oil industry.
    We were asked by a producer to make our job look dangerous. Which during an anchor job it inherently is.
    We told them that they were not welcome on our boat if they are trying to get people to increase their risk in their job.
    Never heard back

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Another "behind the scenes" photo form Brian's Instagram feed / Facebook page:

GMG - Bass '34 5wd (11-3-2017).jpg
    Top is partially chopped here, and the profile is starting to come around. Restorers avert your eyes...we are building a hotrod. A BMF.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    dwollam, Dog_Patch, oldsjoe and 12 others like this.
  10. Hemi32.....those restorer's would first have to go after the kin of those jalopy dirt track racer's of the 40' and 50's - 60's....they destroyed a lot of good coupe's on those dirt tracks !

loudbang likes this.
  11. Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    dwollam, Dog_Patch, oldsjoe and 8 others like this.
  12. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

well after seeing the photos two things ruined it for me 1,the colour is too modern and 2 it was a shame to cut a hole in nice straight sheetmetal to stick a bugcatcher through.

13. blackout78666

blackout78666

Slapping forehead.......that car is tits. You ok with the chop?

kiwijeff, Tim, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  14. Never2low

Never2low

I like the irony of the one guy that didn't turn a wrench to build it, being featured first and foremost, in front of the car, while the talent that built it is content hiding behind it, letting the car speak for itself.

dwollam, oldsjoe, Floater03 and 7 others like this.
  15. Allmotor

Allmotor

With that said I guess the 554 car is too modern also.

loudbang, ls1yj and HEMI32 like this.
  16. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

SOUND BOY its a beautiful car painted a crap colour,with a hole in the hood

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    chryslerfan55 and mjgord51 like this.
  17. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

60's drag car......Brian Bass nailed It!.....probably the best car to ever roll out of GMG

dwollam, oldsjoe, kiwijeff and 8 others like this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll second that, quarter panel logo should sand off without any trouble.

Bob

loudbang, ls1yj, D-Russ and 1 other person like this.
  19. mjgord51

mjgord51

Replacing both of them would just might be the down fall of there shows being in my opinion both of them I guess are kind of a Villain if you would call it that way. In any show you need a good guy and a bad guy usually that keeps the audience glued to the screen. my $.02

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. No sanding necessary ...

31chevymike, loudbang, ls1yj and 3 others like this.
  21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

the 38 tudor fastback was a beaut ,came with fenders, bumpers,wipers,and headroom.it was a nice colour.engine was under the hood as well

22. mjgord51

mjgord51

I second that brother. Bass should have been in front not behind it. I have not seen the show and will not ever see it because like others here richard a$$ monkey isn't what makes his shows its all about the cars turned out from the shop. I do like the car Bass worked on but will have to read more here on Bass to get an idea of what he is all about. The car did turn out Beautiful from what I have seen here and I do have to agree on cutting a hole in the hood being Not a very good idea

chryslerfan55 and nunattax like this.
  23. mjgord51

mjgord51

Bass and Arron needs to start working together and maybe we will see a New Show in the near future with both of them building some Magnificent cool looking Cars and Rods

24. mjgord51

mjgord51

Well lets see if someone here can PhotoShop the car without the air scoop and have a little contest voting and see what the results are. I think it will be interesting too do just for fun. What say you, are you all in?

25. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Guys they used an aftermarket hood so it isn't sacrilege. It also is a drag themed build, look at the wheels, hemi, blower, and exhaust. When did we get so righteous around here about cutting holes in cars? Would everyone have got it if it had a dummy moon tank in front of the grill?
    It's a friggin hot rod, or have we forgotten our roots.
    PS Moderators, I'm not being passive aggressive, just trying to wake a few sleepwalkers.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

rod1, dwollam, oldsjoe and 12 others like this.
  26. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Here, is this better? You guys crack me up. No offense, but do they even have hot rods in Ireland?

Anyway, thanks for the resoundingly positive response to the car and the show so far. It was a pretty big gamble for me to go over there and team up with the guys at GMG, but I am stoked about the car we built.

8E327247-683A-4F3A-8403-813104D6E0BA.jpeg

27. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

We actually used the original hood, the one that came on the car when it left the Ford factory in 1934.

Gotta break a few eggs if you want to make a omelette.

28. @nunattax & @mjgord51 -

You do realize this is a Traditional HOT ROD forum?

Here's a circa 1960 pic of the Mooneyham & Sharp #554 Coupe ... with that bloody awful "modern colour" & the "air scoop" coming through the hood (& cowl):

Mooneyham & Sharp (circa 1960).jpg

29. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Hey Brian, what made you choose the Moonryham & Sharp coup to model this build after? Was this a car that stuck out in your head? Gene Chan's T bucket is that car for me.

Sent from my Z971 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

there are hot rods here,but solid rust free cars like that are thin on the ground.which is all the more reason not to cut them up.best wishes with the show latest series starting here on the 13 nov.im looking forward to it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.