Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ''Project -32 Roadster Around the World''

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jimmysweden, Oct 4, 2017.

1. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

2. Tack it together and Go, put the fenders on take them off later. keep the cowl leaded in so it doesn't rain on your Blue Suede Shoes!

jimmysweden likes this.
  3. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

4. Pete

Pete

Again, I love this project,,,I’m continuously checking back for updates.

jimmysweden likes this.
  5. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Great thread, looking forward to follow this project. Kör hårt!

jimmysweden likes this.
  6. I like what you are doing.

jimmysweden likes this.
  7. It's looking good keep up the good work.

jimmysweden likes this.
  8. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Thank you sir... It might be a little rough, but that's swedish style.....

9. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

good start keep us updated!

10. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

gonna be nice...
    a buddy from naples sold his blue, full height, '30 coupe with a hemi to a fellow from Sweden...

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. BigKel

BigKel

Are you making the patch panels ? Are parts hard to find there? It is looking good.

12. geewhiz

geewhiz

Where's the decal sheet??? Just kidding...going to be a great project!!!

chryslerfan55 and volvobrynk like this.
  13. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Not so much have happened last week.. To much job... Everything in pieces... Again... fullsizeoutput_151a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_151e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1528.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1524.jpeg fullsizeoutput_151f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1517.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1527.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1523.jpeg
    [

14. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

And i also visit a friend with his Henry Roadster.. Little rough, or? fullsizeoutput_1513.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1511.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1510.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1513.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1511.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1510.jpeg fullsizeoutput_152c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_152d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_152e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_152f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1530.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1531.jpeg fullsizeoutput_153e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1538.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1537.jpeg fullsizeoutput_153f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1543.jpeg fullsizeoutput_153c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1536.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1539.jpeg fullsizeoutput_154a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1545.jpeg

15. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Yes, we make most of the panels. If we need parts we buy the most in US. The quarter panel left side on my car is so far a swedish made. If i find one later i will change it.. Than is all my sheet metal except some small parts ''Henry Ford'' Wish me good luck finding one..

16. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Tell me about this.. 3 holes i need to know about... IMG_4717.JPG

chryslerfan55 and chriseakin like this.
  17. Hendee

Hendee

18. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Wow, you are brave because that thing is rough.........but it is real Henry Steel so worth saving.

19. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    volvobrynk likes this.
  20. Talk about bringing it back from the dead.:eek: Good for you. :cool: Nice work!

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. oldtymehiboy

oldtymehiboy
    from Indiana

I'm Very Very Impressed !
    I feel I have been spoiled with Good Tin over the Years.
    Ur an inspiration to us all.
    If You get to the Roadster Show & I'm still around I would like to have a Ride.

spurgeonforge likes this.
  22. Fantastic and inspirational project! You're making some great progress and maybe we can meet up when you come across the States. If you need any parts/help on the flathead - feel free to contact me. I've been building these engines for 40+ years now - almost every flavor you can imagine. I particularly like high-performance and larger cubic inch engines - but then again, am building two stock 32 V8's as well.

What style or era is your build going to be? My biggest suggestion is to pick a build timeframe (30's, pre-war 40's, post-war 40's or 50's) and try to really stick to that period - try not to do the "easy thing" and throw modern parts into the mix - or ones that just don't fit the build period. It is harder to do this way (takes more time and sometimes a bit more $$$), but you'll be happier with the result.

Best of luck and I'll be watching your thread - great stuff!
    B&S

23. The big hole is for snaps for side curtains the other small ones need to be welded up

chryslerfan55, jimmysweden and Hendee like this.
  24. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Whow. The first thing for this project? It was two doors, the quarter panels and the trunklid that a friend (Robban) sold to another friend (Jan-Olof). Jan-olof continued buy part to a Roadster from all around the world. Sweden, England, Australia, Use, Denmark and. He got at last to much parts course next friend decide to fix his little rosted/bondo car with Brockville parts?? (doors and cowl) At this time he had to much Henry parts for his project so one evening at a Hotrod event in England he (Saturday) I gave him a deposit for all the leftovers, And he said yes. Next day he regret it, but it was to late. My parts. Today he's happy he sold it to me because it vill be a 1932 Henry Ford Roadster again. Not a lot of parts in a dreamers garage... The rest of the parts is from Bruce's and Danny's place in Spring Texas. Thanks Buddys... And thank you for follow my tread...

25. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

I want to explain the the Roughest parts above is not mine. These are for another friend that have not started building yet. He still collect parts for a Henry Roadster.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Absolut Sir. You show me some of your ''Waterholes'' and we take the ride in my car. Love to do it...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

I'm not sure yet about he style/era.. i'm a normal ''Hotrod guy'' from Sweden so i have some limits about money and part's. Pre war is for me a great era and would be a favorite here. One style i also like is the 50's with buick parts, Another part of Hotrodding is ''Crossing the country in 120 mph'' with high gears.. But i'm a ''Old school guy'' in my heart so we will se. Thanks for let me ask you for help in the world of flatheads...

28. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

I would love to here yours all wishes for the style of this project..(30's, pre-war 40's, post-war 40's or 50's) Time frame is a law and a important rule here.. I really like cars without mixed styles.... flathead and billet or Bigblock chevys with ply's. Urk...

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Thank you Sir..

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I love this thread. It means literally the world to me that you have undertaken a “model”of this magnitude ;). I wish you the best in your quest.
    Look me up if you’re in L.A.
    CK.

jimmysweden likes this.