Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carl's Speed Shop KCMO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamingokid, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Howdy, ran across this old entry after digging thru my meager speed equipment to see what I had to build a car for the H.A.M.B. Drags next year. Found my Sun tach, warranty card says April 1963, Carl's Muffler Kansas City, Missouri. Try not to be stupid, but I was ignorant of this Speed Shop in my hometown, and just down the street from where I work to boot. Ronnie's and Arrow Speed were the ones to go to, in my era. Google also pulled up the Bill Thomas obituary from 2015, my condolence on your loss.

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Could this Coupe also been one of his race cars?
    The Loaded Toad.jpg

3. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Tried sending you an email, Id love to get a better scan of that pic of Carl's. Looks like my wife's grandfather is in it, he worked there for quite a while and owned the station next door working with them for years. Are you any relation to Taylor?

4. KansasKid57

KansasKid57

5. Woodie

Woodie

Here's one for you. I photo chopped our 40' in front of "Carl's Hollywood Muffler Shop" 40' Carl's Hollywood Muffler Shop.jpg

KansasKid57 likes this.