Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for Ryan

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by blazedogs, Oct 28, 2017.

1. blazedogs

blazedogs

Ryan ,excuse the little knowledge I have on computers and all the new techniques on how to converse I don,t post much but I monitor questions and answers primarily on tech issues. It doesn,t take long to learn we have some very informative people as members. My Question : I prefer for talked to people by tel and not through the internet ( Old School 75 yrs old) There are several members I would love to ask questions and talk to one on one, but don,t know their tel numbers .
    With their permission (I respect peoples Privacy Completely) with their permission only !! Is this possible,any suggestions?? Gene In Farmington, Mn

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

All you can do is ask, the worst is they will say no. Doing some trading and such, communication has led to phone use to make things clear, and share stories etc...

3. squirrel

squirrel

Over the years, I've had a couple guys send me a PM ("start a conversation" is what it's called now) asking if it's ok to call me, and ask for my phone number. I have no problem with doing that.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^THIS^^^^!!! I've done it also, and I've even taken the "big chance" of putting our phone number in an ad here on the HAMB. NO problems so far; not like getting stuck on some call center from India, who calls at least once a day, every day, and sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Nothing I've done can stop it (short of changing phone numbers), and I've tried. I think they probably get paid on a "per call" basis, regardless of if they make a sale or not; some sort of pharmacy deal. Guys from India named Steve, Jason, Michael..................sure Rashneesh. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

If you are worried about spammer robots getting your number, you can always spell part of it out in words, example: five 3 four- seven seven 6- six 2 six 0
    That is supposed to keep the bots from mining the numbers.

6. I'm not Ryan but knowing how things work around here I believe he is ok with it as long as the person you are communicating with is on board.

It's done all the time,especially when using the classifieds,I have started many conversations and that led to exchanging phone numbers to finalize a deal. HRP

RODIST likes this.
  7. I would venture a guess that if you sent them a P.M. (Start A Conversation) & ask them for their number, most members would be glad to speak to you via the phone!
    God Bless
    Bill

8. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I see some folks do list their phone number in their profile page, which has been helpful to me on one or two occasions.

9. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Sometimes when a member has a question that I can help with, I'll send them a Personel Message (PM) and ask for their phone number. Then I'll call them. It's easier to talk for a few minutes instead of going back and forth with messages. We don't know what the other person knows or doesn't know.

lothiandon1940 likes this.