Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Is this '56 Chevy a Bel Air or a 210?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lebowski, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Be patient don't get in too big of a hurry and settle for something less than you actually want. If you have the money a car that meets all of your chriteria will come along.

belair and gotta56forme like this.
  2. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I started looking in July. I've gone to look at four so far-one in Kentucky, two in Indiana and one in Michigan-and didn't buy any of them because in all four cases the sellers didn't accurately describe the car or "forgot" to tell me about certain things that were wrong with it. If I don't find one until next Spring that's OK because I can park my truck in the garage over the winter and won't have to scrape any ice or snow off the windows.... :)

belair and Sancho like this.
  3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

If you like that 56, 210 sedan, take 25K in hand, and go look at it again; be sure the guy gets a good wiff of the 25K. I bet he'll bite, and you take it home. JMO. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Good advice. I just had to replace the wife's daily driver that was totaled last week. We went last weekend and looked at a few, none fit our criteria. A friend sent her a Facebook Marketplace posting, I didn't even know they had a marketplace, the one she sent us had too many miles. Last night she was showing it to me and we noticed a posting 6 hours old for exactly what we were looking for, and only 35 miles away, we bought it tonight. She had been impatient in the slightly over a week it took to find one, I told her something would come along, and it did. It took me over a year searching before I bought my last pickup, so patience pays off!

5. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Believe this or not, but I had a guy come up to me at the Lone Star Round Up and tell me my '55 Handyman was a good looking Ranch Wagon!!! IMG_0594[2043].jpg

Sancho likes this.
  6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I agree and I can't count the number of times I've seen car show hosts on TV say things like "this car is a 2 door coupe".

7. mjgord51

mjgord51

A 56 210 was my 2nd car I owned and the one for sale is exactly what I had in the late 60's. Its a 210 but like others have said check the VIN

8. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Looks like the Dude didn't abide.

Capture.JPG

Oldmics likes this.
  9. 210... 211, whatever it takes (Mr. Mom...).

dan31 and blowby like this.