Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What update's or repairs to your hot rod will you do over the winter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

Well , after all, it is a "SMALL" block....:rolleyes:

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. SBC in the middle BBF nearest to the camera! :D HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  3. topher5150

topher5150

rimshot.jpg

dan31, chryslerfan55, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  4. LOL you guys crack me up :D Thanks I needed that

From left to right
    301 Poly slated for the T you can see stacked in pieces
    327 sbc going in. It's the original engine out of Dad's 65 Chevelle.
    350 pontiac coming out. (@HOTRODPRIMER sorry your answer is incorrect :cool:) which has a crack in the block, weeping coolant onto the starter.

And just peeking around the 327 is the front suspension from a 71 C-10 to upgrade my son's 61 to disk brakes

I need a bigger garage:oops:

5. I was just playing of the visual image of big and small,btw,I have been wrong in the past so no big deal! :D HRP

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Just about finished with my 63 Impala nut & bolt frame off restoration not much more to do. Plan on heading to our vacation home in the Florida Pan Handle to enjoy the warmer weather, sun shine, relaxing and do a lot of fishing. Not going to spend this winter underneath a car.

wicarnut and 3W JOHN like this.
  7. ahshoe

ahshoe

Plan on finishing the interior on my avatar car and bump up the rear from a 3.00 to a 3.80.....then do wiring on my "61 Starliner

8. Sounds like you have a plan,Fishing is something I need to do again,it's been many a year since I wet a hook. HRP

[​IMG]

9. Winter of 2014 and 2015 was brutal working on the car. 2016 I was recuperating from heart surgery but managed to do odds and ends on the car. I can work in the cold somewhat.

10. Old age ain't for sissy's ! :rolleyes: HRP

11. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

maybe finish sanding the 41 cad sedan down to bare metal. even rust improves the overall look of that poor car. had been a total mismatch of colors ever since before i got it in '85. it was a parts car for a restored convertible.

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. My plan this "winter" (well, technically fall and early winter) is to get the flathead in my avatar fired up for the first time in... 50+ years.

..and it will fire up when I assemble my Model A. It's currently in boxes on a shelf. I have 2 months of my self-imposed deadline, and the truck is 2000 miles away. Wish me luck!

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. topher5150

topher5150

ice fishing.jpg
    we manage to get some fishing done up here too

dana barlow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Koz

Koz

Starting to finally get caught up and on a decent schedule. My roadster is at about 75% for what seems like forever. Time to at least get it on the road, tagged and inspected. It's been so long I should just start a new build thread after all the changes it's been through. This pic was taken ages ago with the Chevy in there yet. 001.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. King Pins and alignment on the 46 Ford Coupe- 100_1403.JPG
    A quieter exhaust on the 61 Chevy Biscayne- 100_0943.JPG

16. True. After all, it kills you.
    *Mouse control is now at the top of the list*

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. Service the wheel bearings & and move the seat back to get some more leg room in the Roadster.

dana barlow likes this.
  18. Get the firewall steering box, front shock mounts, head lights, clutch and brake pedals, installed in the A. (some of it, any of it)

19. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

090BFBEA-942A-48C6-85BF-E1607CE5AC4B.jpeg I am hoping to build a new chassis for my A Cabriolet. This time a 32 frame and use all of what I have, but leave off the fenders. Go hi-boy style for a while. Just for kicks for my 70th year.
    You can see the start on the floor behind this one I just finished putting a P&J x member into.

Thommyknocker likes this.
  20. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Reroute the wires on my tach that is mounted next to my rear view mirrow. Need to hide them a little bit better. Also a front end alignment and under carrage clean up. Whew!! That 's enough for a 73 yo hotrodder..........

Thommyknocker likes this.
  21. Danny Brown

Danny Brown

Junior dragster upgrade with new 7.90 engine and new splined rear axle. Buy an enclosed trailer! I went trailer shopping today.

22. dartracer

dartracer

A little clutch growl last time I drove it, so I need to tear into that. And do some paint touch ups on the roof.

23. manyolcars

manyolcars

Its too cold to work on old cars in the winter. Just drive them and work on them in better weather

bobss396 likes this.
  24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Still trying to figure out what this "win-ter" thing is.

25. 41GASSER

41GASSER

26. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Think I really need to install that gas gauge sending unit...

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H901 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

David Gersic and bobss396 like this.
  27. panicmike

panicmike

28. panicmike

panicmike

29. scott34

scott34

The soft roof on my 34 four door ford is done and I think I will put a roof skin from another car on top .
    Tack it in place cover it in similar vinyl type material and put the trim ring over top of the seam so it all looks original and a future owner could put it back to original if they wanted to .
    Anyone have a suggestion of what to use to fill the hole
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

30. Hombre

Hombre

Last run of the year this weekend for me, 1,100 round trip, then the Model A goes under the knife. Out comes the 327 and I am finally going to get that 392 Hemi installed.