Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1940 Ford p/u Back to the future build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by albertaboy, Sep 3, 2015.

1. albertaboy

albertaboy

Ok. Summer went by quick. Some trial and error with wet blasting. Wet blasting didn't work with my pressure washer. 4000psi and 4 gpm wasn't enough to remove deep rust at a decent pace. Paint zipped right off but not deep rust.

So I found a way to make my off shore sandblaster work to reasonable satisfaction. Still slow but I saved cash and didn't warp any part.
    Vern Note 4 pic Oct 1 2017 192.jpg Vern Note 4 pic Oct 1 2017 293.jpg Vern Note 4 pic Oct 1 2017 194.jpg Vern Note 4 pic Oct 1 2017 294.jpg Vern Note 4 pic Oct 1 2017 294.jpg Vern Note 4 pic Oct 1 2017 294.jpg

Still blasting to do. That rear panel will be cut out and replaced. It's too porous for my taste. Next will be to repair the driver door hinge and then start exorcising rust through in the floor and corners this winter.

Jet96 and LOU WELLS like this.
  2. greaser

greaser

Great job. Looks like you got it on the run.
    Suggest you wipe some eastwoods "After Blast" on those blasted surfaces before it sets too long.
    I use it to keep the fresh blasted surfaces from flash rusting. You could also spray Epoxy primer, but I've determined that to be more costly, as more will be needed as a sealer before added primer coats.

albertaboy likes this.
  3. albertaboy

albertaboy

Cool. That's what I used to coat bare metal.

Maineac 1 likes this.
  4. Maineac 1

Maineac 1

Following your build and enjoying as I have a 41 to do next summer.Keep up the good work!You are doing great!

albertaboy likes this.
  5. quickrack-alan

quickrack-alan
    from Ireland

Any progress sir?

6. albertaboy

albertaboy

Thanks for checking in. I've done little things but nothing worth showing. No loss of determination but life distractions put my build on the side burner. I will be back. Cheers.

7. Kirkf

Kirkf

How are things going with your build?