Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Free car build (Inspired by HAMB Andy)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jake_Lancer, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

Hello everybody! I hope everyone is having a fine evening. Here are some pictures that I took while at the Hot Rod Hundred reliability run. I had a really fun time going and seeing all the cars that showed up. Sorry these pictures are so late, but here they are!
    On another note, I will be definitely getting this project rolling a lot faster once I pick up the engine on the 21st. I'll know further what exactly I need once we get it back here in Missouri and have a good look at it.
    Thanks!
    Jake.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

This one especially stuck out to me. If anyone has an extra one of these HAMB Andy firewall plaques? I'd love to get one to put on my car. [​IMG]

3. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

5. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

6. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Jake, I haven't forgot you just busy with life and my oldest daughter is about to make me a Grandpa again...Will get it shipped soon....

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

This story is incredible and shows how tight knit the classic car world is. Truly inspiring. Show pics as you go along with this journey

8. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

It's ok, I understand. And congratulations!

9. Hombre

Hombre
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jake, I would like to get into the head of a young teenager of today, so I have a question for you. of all of those cars you took those pictures of at the show, which one is the coolest to you personally. No right or wrong answer, it's not a test, just a curious question.

10. Budget36

Budget36

You're gonna sleep with that stuff tonight, aren't ya? ;)

RockinRivi and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Jake, I finally stumbled across your build thread this morning. It was great to meet you, your pop, and John, at the StL Hot Rod Hundred. Looking forward to seeing you progress with your build.

guthriesmith and sedanman like this.
  12. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

I don't really take many pictures, but I think out of the pictures I took, this truck would have to be my favorite. (other than my dad's car)
    I believe it is a 52? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    [​IMG]

13. That one belongs to Eric DiFate.

Stogy likes this.
  14. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

Well, I tried it and after 2 weeks, I am completely stunned with the result. There was an enormous difference from 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the tip!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Hombre and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

WOW......... Looking pretty good.... How long does it last???

LynnW

1959Nomad, Hombre and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. Hombre

Hombre
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's one of the coolest damn things I ever did see.

Truck64 and Stogy like this.
  18. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

19. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I didn't get any pics of them picking up the hemi but it sure made the truck squat when we set in in the box. Jake was a quiet and humble kid, with hopes of a running hemi dancing in his head. With his dad and uncles help, I believe he will have a nice car, and have it running by spring. Good luck Jake.
    Tony

20. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

Hello everybody. As a lot of you know, I went to Wisconsin this past weekend to pick up an engine. Not just an engine, a 1955 331 hemi! I am extremely excited to work on this and put it in my car. I want to give a HUGE thanks to Tony who VERY generously donated this engine to this build! I can not thank you enough for what you have done. Anyway, the engine is now safely in Missouri and in my dad’s garage.
    Now, with that said, I plan on rebuilding it as soon as I can and I’ll get the car running as soon as possible. I am still looking for seats, a trunk hinge, a Coker classic tire, lowering blocks for the rear, along with some smaller bits and pieces.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

triumph 1, Tim, slim38 and 13 others like this.
  21. mike bowling

mike bowling

All right, Tony "McMopar"!! You, Sir , are a special kinda guy!

22. Hombre

Hombre
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't forget Jake I need to see some pictures of the front of the motor. Glad to see you guys got it home and all are safe. if in the future you plan on hauling those old Hemi's around you are going to need a bigger truck.

23. I had fun going with Jake and his Dad Shawn to get the Hemi this past weekend.Big thanks to Tony for his help and hospitality. I’m proud to be part of this whole deal to honor Hamb Andy. It’s great to see all the people that are coming forward to help and donate parts. Jake is really a great kid. Thanks to EVERYONE involved. I will do my best to keep him on track and show him all I have learned from others older than me kind enough to show me all they knew about hot rodding. We have to pass the torch or hot rodding as we know it will die out. I already see the younger generation (with nearly no sentimental attachment to old cars) having no interest in our beloved hobby. “Take kid to a car show” is no joke....

24. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

25. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

I’ve began the tear down process and what I’ve managed to do so far is take the fan, and pulleys off, the water pump off, and the generator off. Everything is coming off surprisingly easy. I would’ve thought that everything would have been stuck together, but so far it has been relatively simple. I’ll be keeping you all updated and hopefully soon I will take the intake and valve covers off to hopefully see what condition the heads are in.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

unclescooby, Stogy, kiwijeff and 5 others like this.
  26. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Take a bunch of “before” pics as you go so you can reassemble with less confusion.

RockinRivi, chryslerfan55 and RMONTY like this.
  27. Jake_Lancer

Jake_Lancer

Oh believe me, I am.

28. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Zip baggies with a note card for each specific set of bolts. Intake. Water pump. Etc

Sent from my SM-G550T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. atch

atch

Yes; zip lock baggies!!! I buy more for the shop than sweetie does for the kitchen.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. belair

belair

Keep at it. Kudos to all who have contributed to the build.