Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Classic Component Products - anyone have issues with their products?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kirk Hanning, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I wanted to build a shop truck that I could drive every day any distance with ability to pull a trailer etc. (Please don’t bash me I did use a modern motor).

I just wanted to know that if anyone had any issues with the Vega style power steering box offered by CCP out of CA

Any input would be appreciated!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. oj

oj

I use their products often and have had no problems, they know their business. I've never used the vega box but have used a good number of the M2 front end kits and a few brake kits. Ask for Chris, he's a straightshooter.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Cool, thanks for the reply. I’m on my third power Vega box straight out of the box that’s defective.

4. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

I installed the CCP vega PS in my 26 coupe about 7 or 8 months ago. No problems yet. Works great. Hate to hear of your luck with them. Has CPP stood behind the product?

5. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Before shipping out the third box I asked if they tested it which they said yes, it’s worse than the other 2 boxes put together. I’m not here to bash a company but there is a serious safety issue.

6. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

They had some serious safety issues with some of the tri5 Chevy steering setups a while back. Spot welded pitman arms that came apart. Some folks over on one of the Tri5 boards I am on refuse to use their products because of denial of problems and cheap Chinese parts. I would look elsewhere myself.

SPark

7. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I found the same to be true on a 67-72 C-10 board. If I didn’t have video of the issues with the box I know they would have denied any wrong doing. I surely wish I knew about their incompetence before “trying” to use their product.

8. Over the years helping with tri 5. Chevys I have seen several issues. They were quick to replace defective parts. But one gets tired of replacing new stuff that is not right. As long as we had proof of purchase they were cool.

9. 42merc

42merc

I am using the CPP Vega style power steering gear in my '40 coupe.
    Also installed a type 2 Saginaw pump & a remote reservoir. The junk yard pump was noisy, so replaced it with an over the counter rebuilt. About 4K miles later I'm still happy.
    Makes driving more pleasant. I also know it's not HAMB friendly.