Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie From Alabama with a 52 Chevy Deluxe retro 70s lowrider/bomb/leadsled

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by sydvicousmarx, Oct 14, 2017.

1. sydvicousmarx

sydvicousmarx

Hi, my name is Brewer and I am working on a 1952 Chevy Deluxe 2 door sedan that I picked up when I realized that my 73 Buick Riviera boat tail project was dead in the water due to too much bondo and lack of available parts. So far I have added 53 Cadillac headlight bezels, 14x7 reversed Astro Supremes and white walls, half moons, a real 8 ball shifter,and I just got the Peckat visor. Mechanically, I have to connect the fuel line, put in a rear brake line, hook up the start button, and put on the 3" lowering blocks on back. I am having hydraulics put on just the front for now until I find a 4 link for the back. The straight 6 runs like a sewing machine, but I am thinking about swapping to something more reliable. I know it sounds strange to most, but I'm not looking for more power so much as reliability and ease of driving. I was pondering a 6 out of a Trailblazer with an automatic transmission so that my wife can drive her. Everyone of my friends, at least the white ones, think I should just clear coat it as is. However,to get the look that I want, I'm thinking heavy metalflake blue with a pearl white top. Also some patterns and maybe some lace[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, welcome & good luck ! Ed.

3. sydvicousmarx

sydvicousmarx

Thanks Ed

4. 343w

343w

Welcome aboard Brewer, where in Alabama are you?

sydvicousmarx likes this.

5. sydvicousmarx

sydvicousmarx

Boaz

6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Welcome from the west side of Bama. My 47 Lincoln came from Boaz, little place called Po Boys, ran by a guy called Grizz. On US 431, just south of town, it burned a year or two ago, mostly grown up now.

7. sydvicousmarx

sydvicousmarx

Yea, he is still open just up the road from where he was. I have been meaning to ask him if he would sell me some window visors on a 49 Oldsmobile to use on my 52 Chevy Deluxe. I have had a lot of luck with an antique car junkyard right up from him. I scored a Peckat visor for $300 in good shape there

8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Good to hear Grizz is still around! He's a character for sure. Last time I was through there was when we traded for our 88 Firebird Formula with another guy up there in Boaz. Grizz had a lot of old stuff when I got the Lincoln from him, you could just barely walk around at his place.

9. k9racer

k9racer

Welcome from the Rocket City. I guess the junk yard up from him is Ingrams. Looking in the background in your photo . Try to park away from the cow shit as it causes major rust problems.. Looking forward to seeing you.... Bobby

10. 38 delivery

38 delivery

Welcome from ga!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk