Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My first A build!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Logan LeMaster, Oct 19, 2017.

1. [​IMG][/url] [​IMG][​IMG]Hey all, this will be my first hot rod build. I've owned the car for about a year, and have been doing as much reading on here as I can. I would like to build a traditional high boy. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions.[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pics not showing...Have fun with plenty of cool stuff going on here to glean from.

3. I'm trying to get the image loaded, I think I finally got one. Looking forward to all the advice I can get.

chryslerfan55 likes this.

4. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Looks like a good start. Do you have fenders? I am for some reason loving fenders on Model A's right now.

Sent from my Z971 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

spurgeonforge likes this.
  5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - love the super low profile tires - Ha! - basic plans for it?

6. Nice foundation there....good luck !

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful Baaalue...and lots of room to spread out. Workshop is already a big positive. Several builds have and are going on here have you searched out 29 Model A Tudor builds?

8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Looks like you have a nice beginning there!
    A ton of questions will be greeted with tons of answers and opinions.

Best wishes on your adventure!

9. I do have the fenders and hood, I've got them put up for safe keeping right now.

10. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Awesome! It's going to be a great car when done. Keep us posted as you go. What motor?

Sent from my Z971 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. IMG_2746[1].JPG
    Picked up some 16" wheels today and a 35 ford banjo.
    IMG_2747[1].JPG

12. Thanks, I'm not sure on the power plant.

Ron Funkhouser and CoronetRTguy like this.
  13. These wheels help with lowering. Need to send my axle out to be dropped. IMG_2751[1].JPG

14. In building this car I have two goals. 1. I want to drive it to a show near me in may (Rust Revival Wayland, MO)2. build a hot rod using original parts, use old stuff as much as possible. That being said to make goal #1 I bought a 302 and an AOD trans. I plan to convert my '35 banjo to open drive and retain all my torque tube stuff for the day I get a flathead. Is anyone else runnnig a small block ford and an auto trans? IMG_2756[1].JPG

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  15. Well got a little work done today. Removed the front and rear axle today. Plans for the front are to send it to Joe's in Oklahoma to be dropped. Also plan to try my hand a reversing my front spring eyes, and splitting and drilling my wishbones. IMG_2770[1].JPG IMG_2770[1].JPG IMG_2771[1].JPG IMG_2773[1].JPG IMG_2774[1].JPG

slim38, Ron Funkhouser and 48fordnut like this.
  16. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Great start for this project, would love a Model A sedan to work on!

Logan LeMaster likes this.
  17. Thanks! I've got a lot to learn. I'm doing alot more reading on the hamb than working right now. I wanted to build a totally traditional hot rod, but I've had to make some exceptions (motor & trans). I am still looking for flat head v8!

18. Got a few things done on the sedan this weekend. Stripped my front axle (that was fun)! Boxed up the axle to send to Joe's to be dropped. Planning to split my wishbones. IMG_2797[1].JPG IMG_2798[1].JPG

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  19. Took a look at the banger motor that came with the car, kinda want t o see if I can make it run! It turns over freely, I thought it was stuck but its not. Wanting to bump the starter to see if it works. Need to make a list of a few things the motor would need to run. IMG_2803[1].JPG IMG_2799[1].JPG