Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '56 F100 machine turned gauge cluster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hardonsky23, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Hardonsky23

Hardonsky23

Hi y'all. I've been building a '56 F100 and i've ran into a dilemma. About a year ago i sold my '55 cab and purchased a '56 cab to replace it. I had a machine-turned gauge cluster with Stewart-Warner gauges and gave the cluster away, but kept the gauges in hopes of using them in my new cab. Problem is, the company i bought my cluster from, egaugesplus.com, no longer carries a machine-turned cluster for a '56. Does anyone know where i can purchase a machine-turned gauge cluster for my truck?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. You might try Classic Instruments or Mooneyes

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

There is this product as a stop gap until you can locate a supplier?
    Here are some aluminum and steel panels in various sizes and patterns. A lot of shop fitters these days use engine turned sheets for design work so you might be fortunate to get an off cut from them or a sheet metal shop that with some minor work will do the job?

4. fpm is a hamb vendor that offers this service out of nebraska. but i would ask the supplier that no longer carries the product your after for the file. if you can get the dwg/dxf file just send it to any shop with a laser. have to talk to the fab shop about getting the material.

http://www.fpmmetals.com/

5. indyjps

indyjps

If you have a drill press you can do it.

6. Hardonsky23

Hardonsky23

Thanks for the help y'all. Not having much luck yet as i've contacted Mooneyes, Classic Instruments, FPM, and Haneline with no response from any of them. I'm to the point if i could just find a plain panel cut for my gauges i'd try and do it myself.

7. thall

thall
    from nc

8. I bought a piece of engine turned aluminum from Speedway motors and made mine. HRP

91139520_L_76913d23-c2a8-4a56-b028-e710e905c594.jpg

Speedway Motors

9. boring-hop-yard

boring-hop-yard

10. Hardonsky23

Hardonsky23

Still trying to find a quality gauge cluster for my truck. Never heard back from Mooneyes, Classic Instruments, or FPM. Haneline looks like they have the best product out there with a polished aluminum backer and stainless steel insert, but they won't have one available for almost 6 months. I'm assembling my dash right now so i can't wait that long. If i could wait i'd buy from Haneline, but i need something much sooner. Any ideas? Thanks for all your input folks!

http://www.hanelineproducts.com/sho...ngine-turned-dash-insert-by-haneline-products