Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have experience with Joes speed shop ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jailhousebob, Oct 9, 2010.

1. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

Was wondering if anyone has had work done at Joe's speed shop. I am thinking of having him drop an A axle for my roadster and thought i'd check to see if anyone has had any experiense with him,good or bad. I had a great conversation with him over the phone but i've been stung in the past,sending parts halfway across the country and screwed over one way or another . Not trying to be negative,just doing some homework.Thanks in advance for any input,Bob

2. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it is Joe's in Oklahoma you will be very happy.

3. Joe's a stand up guy!

4. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

Yes ,it is Joes speed shop Ponca city Oklahoma,Thanks

5. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

+1. Joe dropped the A axle I used for my roadster and I'm thrilled. I drive the stuffing out of the car. It's a 4" drop. It's really nice. I'll try to post up a pic.

6. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Just got a Model A dropped axle back from Joe's Speed Shop. For what ever reason, my check was short the correct amount when I sent the axle. Joe sent the dropped axle and reworked spindles back with a note explaining the price difference. The check for the balance went in the mail the next day! The chances of Joe getting screwed are much greater than you getting screwed by Joe!

7. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

You wont find a better guy then Joe Casto! Its a one stop shop, drop your axle, bend your steering arms and get new kingpins. He also makes sure your king pin inclination is where it should be as well.
    Jimmy White

8. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Joe is "The Very Best" an artist at vintage frontends. Not only will he do it right but will help you set things up if you need. Most people have bought more than 1 axle from Joe, he makes you want to build I beam frontends.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. swsimon

swsimon

I sent Joe a Model A axle to drop for me about 4 years ago. Service was great and there are no problems with the axle. I sent mine from NY by Fed Ex and had no problems at all. Scott

10. Dave50

Dave50

Got one there now, was told by a friend about him and my friend is very knowledgable he`s the best he says

11. oj

oj

The best, send him your spindles too and he'll mate them to the axle in case of any difference in camber. He really is that good. Getting ready to send him a set myself.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

Thanks to all that responded.I got the impression from speaking with him that he was the right guy.I'll be sending him my stuff this week.Thanks again,Bob

harpo1313 likes this.
  13. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

Best dropped axles in the biz.

14. There is a guy from Oklahoma on gee-bay, who drops axles, as soon as one sells, he list's another one. Great feedback and they always bring good money too, is this Joes Speed Shop?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  15. Stan Lee

Stan Lee

waiting on my axle and spindles to show up...had Joe drop the axle, mate the spindles and bend the arms

16. Wildfire

Wildfire

Got one on my A. Great service and quick turnaround. He checks everything to make sure the axle is good to go.

17. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

I've talked to joe on the phone. I haven't bought anything from him yet but I will when the time comes. He's really nice and takes the extra step to straighten and magnaflux all his dropped axles

18. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Bought a dropped & drilled Model A axle from Joe and had him drop my spindles. His work is outstanding and his prices are very reasonable. The reason I'm posting is because I got myself in a jam and Joe fixed me up and asked for nothing in return. The service after the sale is incredible!

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Joe is to Ford cross spring axles what Sid is to transverse spring axles. Ancient thread you dug up Stock racer as the previous post to yours was Oct 10, 2010.

20. IMG_0236.JPG Known Joe over 20 years from the old and real PATE swap meet. Great guy, knows his stuff!

kidcampbell71 and Stock Racer like this.
  21. arincee

arincee

Joe has dropped several axles for me. Never a problem with any of them.

Stock Racer likes this.
  22. southerncad

southerncad

10X on all the above good comments about Joe Casto...

Stock Racer likes this.
  23. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

Joe dropped and drilled my "A" axle. Set up spindles to. He's a no bullshit kind of guy. Don't even give it a second thought.....send it. You will be pleased.

Stock Racer likes this.
  24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

2010 or 2017 guess Joe is a consistently good guy

gimpyshotrods and Stock Racer like this.
  25. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Yea, I realize that but I couldn't find him in the HAMB o dex. He helped me out so I wanted to let everyone know what a good guy Joe is.

belair likes this.
  26. Mo rust

Mo rust

He does nice work. Nice guy.

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same here.

My personal ride sits and drives on his work.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  28. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

Bought a dropped 32 axle from Joe a year or so ago, also sent him my pristine rust and pit free spindles. Great people to work with, axle is great, I would use Joe again. The only downside, I didn't notice for a month or so that one of the spindles I received back was not the one I sent him, it has bad pitting in the grease seal area. Too late to call him about it, can't prove it, word to the wise, stamp or engrave your parts so they can clearly identify the ones that are yours.

kidcampbell71 likes this.