Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Roy Lewis of Chassis Engineering passed away today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arkiehotrods, Oct 17, 2017.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I went to the Chassis Engineering Inc website this evening, and they have posted that Roy Lewis, founder of Chassis Engineering, passed away today. Services are this coming Saturday in West Branch, Iowa.
    He contributed a great deal to our passion for building hot rods. My condolences to his family and friends.
    http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. cosmotiki

cosmotiki
    from SoCal

3. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

RIP Roy, one of the Greats.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Sorry to hear of Mr Lewis' passing. I only met him once some years ago when I picked up an order at the shop. He graciously offered me a shop tour and I was privileged to see the Bonneville car and a rack of
    engines, mostly Hemis, as I recall.

IMO, his legacy of founding and operating a business with a consistent good reputation....for honesty, high quality and fair prices is a fitting epitaph for any such man. Rest in Peace, Mr Lewis, and condolences to family, friends and co-workers.

Ray

Asphalt Angel likes this.

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

rest in piece, you and your company have put many hotrods on the road!

6. Sorry to hear that. CE certainly set a standard for others to follow with their innovative, well engineered parts that WORK, coupled with great customer service. Hopefully the legacy that he built will continue in his absence. Condolences to his family in this difficult time.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thoughts and prayers going out to his family and friends. He built a stretched chassis for my '29 Tudor years ago, very nice quality piece. Bob

8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

9. DITTO

10. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Bummer, never met him but a great company.

11. alchemy

alchemy

Talked with him a couple times at swap meets. Nice guy, usually wearing his 200 MPH Club red hat. RIP.

12. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I had some contact with him at Bonneville, and found him to be a wise and interesting man. I hope his daughter Janine is going to continue the business in the same manner. I will miss him.

13. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

My condolences. Great line of parts by Chassis Engineering.

14. southcross2631

southcross2631

Never met the man , but used a lot of his products. They always fit and functioned properly.
    Sorry to see someone pass, but hope the company maintains it's quality and customer service.
    My prayers are with the family and employees.

15. I met Roy a couple times years ago- once at his shop and a couple times at NSRA Kalamazoo.He graciously showed me through his shop and collection of ‘stuff’
    Through his passion for old cars and safety He developed a line of well engineered , well built parts and systems to improve and enhance the design and safety of the old vehicles we all enjoy. He built a company with this passion based on quality and service to his Customers. That Reputation continues today.
    God Speed Roy- condolences to your family, friends and colleagues

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.