Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Compatibility 47 banjo diff

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by NZShane, Aug 13, 2017.

1. NZShane

NZShane

Hi all, Technical question wondering if a 1938 Banjo diff would be compatible with a 1947

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. Maybe in your haste,you made a typo??? if not yes, a 38 banjo is all the same in 1938
    PS,,,Please do an introduction of yourself on the correct page here.

3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is accepted manners on here to give a brief intro first so we know a little about you.
    This looks a lot like rockabillybassman A tudor?
    47 rear will be wider. Are you sure your present banjo is 38 and converted to juice brakes.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  4. NZShane

NZShane

My apologies I didn't realise about the intro
    Am I supposed to introduce myself here or somewhere else as the above comment makes me think there is another area for me to do this and no my diff is a 47 just wanted to know if the 47 was compatible with a 38

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_0063.JPG Nope just say gidday right here and tell us who you are and what you drive etc. No drama just how things work here. Then you are always welcome.
    So has rockabillybassman sold his tudor or is it coincidence?
    Remember the original 38 banjo was cable brakes and 47 car was juice brakes and torque tube while 47 pickup was the same but open drive.

NZShane likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy

38 axle shafts are too short to work in a 46 rear. The banjo center sections will interchange. The whole rear end could be changed out but use the shortened driveshaft and torque tube. Check to see if you like the gear ratio.
    You could also use the spiders, axles and axle housings with your present gears. center section

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    NZShane likes this.
  7. sharpmark

sharpmark

Marty (rockabllybassman) has sold his tudor to this fella about 4 mths ago. He wasn't using it much and got laid off and decided he had better things to do with the money.