Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guessing Mullholland Drive overlooking the SF Valley. Can't pull over there anymore! I LOVE California!
    [​IMG]

2. Cool stuff Maggie! I really enjoy your posts! THANK YOU for taking the time!

3. It's like another planet now. I really liked the 50's and 60's, even the 70's! Even though I was a kid.GREAT times, never to return, no matter who promises it will!
    [​IMG]

4. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

Australian made Holden FC Station Sedan ,,1957,,classy vehicle ,,

5. There's a car in it.
    [​IMG]

NHRANUT and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Hudson by the look of those triangles on the hub caps.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. redo32

redo32

Gary, I see that this photo is from Ric Hoving, but I couldn't fine it on his site. Any other pictures of it or any info. NEAT cabriolet with angled back windshield, dual side mounts, chrome shell etc. Don't know if I like the horn, but is distinctive enough that I would've remembered seeing it before.

Chrisbcritter and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Many memories around this place. My junior high school (Clara Barton) was just to the right of the showroom in the photo. I saw the Monkeemobile in that showroom. Saw my first sight of a 1964 GTO in that building. Won some prizes by beating some other guys in a GTO slot car racing event in that showroom.

9. Bocar Stiletto

Bocar Stiletto
    from New Jersey

Ferrett Mk2, with a 6-cyl Mercury outboard engine mounted in the passenger seat area. Peter Dawson, builder & driver.

fer2.jpg

fer1.png

fer3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    bramdax, loudbang, j-jock and 4 others like this.
  10. MAYBE, I'll see what I can find out.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Scott De Shields

Scott De Shields

My first car, mine was white with chrome wheels and baby moon hub caps just the one parked in the driveway up on jack stands in the TV show The Wonder Years

12. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

13. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Nice shot of the family surf wagon from the late 50's early 60's. (possibly a down under Ford wagon?) The tell tale sign of the times would be those laminated redwood fins. The surfboard people did not start making the custom lamination fins until then. Plus, the clear bead of glass and resin was virtually, bullet proof if you hit a rock or the sand, let along someone else's surfboard.

Jnaki
    Our first surfboards had those custom redwood/balsa laminated fins in almost the same shape. The boards were around 9 to 10 feet with heavy fiberglass and resin coating the top and bottom. They weighed as much as 50lbs. As the years progressed and the designs moved on, those fins were totally reshaped and built to different standards, as were the boards.

14. Scumdog

Scumdog

Looks like an FC Holden - no doubt an Aussie HAMB member will correct me if I'm wrong!

Chrisbcritter and chryslerfan55 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.