Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects # 44 Bentley Warren. S/360

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by meengrinch, Sep 29, 2016.

1. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

First trip down the street ...........

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^^^ Was there a video?

Love those "equal length" headers! Gary

3. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

Yes there was a.vidop. Here's some pic's

4. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

IMG_0456.JPG

Attached Files:

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  5. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

Ku

6. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

7. Moselli

Moselli

I have been following your build and I have to say that your attention to detail and workmanship are exceptional. I'm sure the car went through several iterations after Bentley built and sold the car but it sounds like you have done a lot of research to make it as original as possible.

I really like that you kept the proper Chevrolet orange paint on the motor! Anyone that paints a period big block Chevy motor any other color should be hit with a stick! If you can find a set of the original M/T cast aluminum valve covers, you'll have nailed what was the standard dress for the motor back in the '70's. Keep up the great work and I'm sure like myself, everyone is enjoying the build pictures.

Moselli

tractorguy likes this.
  8. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

The steering shaft passes. Over the l/f dome cover....not enough room to fit a M/T type dome cover.......tossed the coin over that.........

9. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

Here is some recent pics

Attached Files:

10. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

In side paint this week .......finish any welding..........nut and bolt check.......test drive up and back on the street....getting close

11. Are you going to the Lebanon Valley Speedway swapmeet Sunday?

12. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

No....I am at charlotte for the dirt races

13. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

Mike........did you ever get any history on this car? [email protected]

14. mike bowling

mike bowling

No, sorry- you know how life gets. I had meant to get a picture made up to show Bentley at the Pines Reunion this year and totally forgot ( and he did show up briefly on his bike ). Maybe I can catch him at the Saloon over the winter or e-mail something to the business.

15. bakes

bakes
    from albany NY

Hi Jim - First, I not only love how this car is being brought back to life, but also really appreciate you and others who are saving these pieces of history. I hope to see it at a car show somewhere in 2018; if you are planning on showing it, it would be cool if you could post here to let those of us following the rebuild know.

The Supermodified that Mike had was tentatively identified as the Fred Graves built 38, which later became Bentley's 77. I agree, it would be cool if Bentley could verify it!

16. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

Attached Files:

17. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking GOOD!

18. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

If you need a relief driver for the test trips, I am available for air fare! Looks great!

19. mike bowling

mike bowling

Car looks great- excellent job. I did e mail Bentley around Thanksgiving, but no response ( yet) I included all the pictures I took. Maybe I'll send another one- recently saw that he's down South riding around bare chested in a speed boat full of young women ( neices??)

20. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

Looks like it's done

Attached Files:

adam401 likes this.
  21. Sporty45

Sporty45

Wow, very cool! Did Paul paint this one too? :cool:

22. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

23. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

Jim, beautiful job on the 44, I would love to see these two restored by you. IMG_1189.jpg IMG_1181.jpg

24. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

Well looks like it's ready to go north Bentleys museum.......appreciate the kind words.......but need to recognize some very important members .........without these we'd still be in the sandblasting cage........Scotty and Wayne were fantastic in bring this car into shape,although this car fought us at every step......they were up to every task.......Another team member Jeremy from Bentleys body and paint shop........just a wiz at tin work and painting......Gene Trask who I always asked him to something that was wrong. Always had the answer great welder always came up with right way to get it done........Next in our list of helpers is Kevin Marcorrelle ...."when ever we needed something machined he had the answer. Thanks Kevin........Paul Brumby was always giving advice........which in the end turned up to be correct.. ...So As much as I like to be congratulated for work on this car......if you know any of these people that listed here stop and thank them for their work, on thos project........Thank you. Jim Martel

25. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

I would be remiss to not mentioning the other pieces to this puzzle . Those that found , secured and cared for this project......I will do my best to recognize these people in days to come . It's story is very interesting on its own....."keep your eye out for it. Jim Martel

26. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Things and events are great but it's the people that make 'em that. Looking forward to reading the recognition story.

Ed