Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Good price for a running, driving Model a chassis?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BZNSRAT, Oct 15, 2017.

1. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

What is a fair price for a fairly clean, running and driving Model A chassis (no body)?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I've been looking for one for my son, have seen them mostly in the 1500-2500 range depending on completeness and condition. ALL of them are without titles, which depending on your state could cause some problems because I'm sure the seller is keeping the body / title that goes with that numbered chassis. Good luck, Mitch.

55styleliner and Poh like this.
  3. 55styleliner

55styleliner

^^^^^ I agree, $1500-$2500 depending on tire condition, upgrades, newness of engine rebuild, etc.

4. Squablow

Squablow

I lucked into one a couple years ago for $500, complete and engine turning but still needing some work, it's running now. I have seen a few at local swap meets running for $1200-$1600 but they're not from a restoration or anything, I've seen ones from under restored cars, sometimes with juice brakes and new tires and other such upgrades as high as $4000, so there's a range but I agree with most saying the average is $1500-$2500.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

buying or selling?

6. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

With a title that actually matches the numbers. x2 to x4 times the price without.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Around here $1,500. would get you something running, but in need of a rebuild. Bob

8. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Thanks for the input. Possibly buying with the thought of finding the right body next.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. Last one I parted with was complete sans body= 2000 with a clean title.

10. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

As others mentioned the title thing can be a nightmare. If you have the chassis and engine, you have the part with the VIN, but when you go to try and get a title the guy that kept the body will have his car already titled with the VIN that is on your parts. I wouldn't pay anything for a chassis unless I also got the title, and a lady from the DMV here told me that the part with the number on it is the part that matters, so the chassis should never be sold. She said even if you use an aftermarket chassis you must keep the original in your possession so you have the numbered part.